(27) A Close Call

Y/n's POV:

After such an exhilarating time yesterday, I wake up happier than ever, wondering if today will be just as fun. Only one way to find out! I thought. My morning routine goes as usual, nothing really out of the ordinary. After having a light meal, I walk out of my apartment and to the bar to hang out with my friends.

After 15 minutes I arrive, being the last to do so. They all welcome me as I sit down, ready for anything. Near the other end of the room, I see Mami chatting amongst her friends, causing me to put my guard up a little. A place where people can get drunk and Mami are never a good combination.

We take turns catching up with each other. Mami broke up with someone a month ago (Surprise, surprise). Kazuya went to the movies with Ruka recently. Kibe got stood up by someone at a restaurant a couple days ago (Poor guy...) and Kuri spent most of his time playing video games. Many people laughed at Kuri as he looks down, embarrassed that he was the only one who didn't actually go outside.  However, out of the corner of my eye, I see a disgusted expression on Mami's face. It eventually gets to my turn and I think of what to tell them, not wanting to talk about my writing career or Ichinose. I decide on something that isn't a lie, but not actually true either.

Y/n: "I went to a book signing a couple of months ago." I say with a small smile.

Everyone else in the room facepalms. I even a 'boring' from some of Mami's friends, which prompts Kibe to chuckle.

Our conversations last for about an hour, talking about an abundance of different topics, from fashion to sports. Afterwards, some of Mami's friends suggest we play a game: truth or dare. Kibe, Kuri and even Mami's eyes light up while Kazuya and I sigh. 

Mami: "Oh, come on you two, it'll be fun, I promise." She says, flashing a pretty smile towards us. Kazuya relents, getting involved in the game, giving me no other choice but to do the same.

"Why don't we take it up a notch. If someone doesn't want to say anything or do a dare, they can take a drink instead!" She says excitedly, placing a large bottle of alcohol in the middle of where we're sat, also providing a glass for each of us.

And so the game gets started, Kibe steps up, spinning the bottle, until it lands on the first of Mami's two friends, who goes for a dare. With a devilish grin, he dares her to hug Kuri for 20 seconds. She decides to take a drink instead, to the obvious disappointment of the boy.

Now it's her turn. She spins the bottle and it lands on... me? I opt for a truth. "Do you have a girlfriend." She asks. I immediately frown at the question, expecting this to come up at some point.

Y/n: "No, I don't." I say, getting ready to take my turn before she questions me further.

Mami's friend #1: "What about that video of you saving that girl then~?" She says, tilting her head to the side.

Y/n: "She's a friend of mine, that's all." I say firmly.

Ignoring anymore questions, I take my turn, with the bottle landing on Kibe. He goes for a dare, stating he's not scared to do anything. Deciding to give him a dose of his own medicine, I tell him:

Y/n: "Hug Kuri for 20 seconds." I say, smiling widely at him as both he and Kuri look at me, annoyed. Kibe also decides to take a drink instead, which only turns the other boy against him, earning a laugh out of the rest of us.

Kuri: "Seriously though, what's so bad about me..." He mutters to himself.

Kibe takes his turn, the bottle landing on me. I brace myself for his inevitable revenge, saying 'Truth' just to be safe.