(20) The Next Day

Y/n's POV:

Y/n: "...and that's the truth." I admit to my parents, apologizing after.

The next morning, I called my parents and told them about the truth about Ichinose and I. They were surprised and a little upset that we lied but didn't blame any of us. 

Harumi: "That's alright. Still, she must be a good friend to put herself forward like that." She says, to which I laugh.

Fuyuki: "Y/n. That fact that you put your life on the line for her shouldn't be underestimated. Are you sure you don't feel anything else for her?" He asks, catching me off guard.

Y/n: "I don't really know..." I reply bashfully, later getting annoyed when I hear chuckling over the phone.

Harumi: "Don't worry about the whole thing, we won't see you and Ichinose any differently. If anything it's so sweet that you've covering each others backs like that."

Y/n: "Thanks mum, see you later!" I say, in a happier mood than I was beforehand.

She says goodbye and the call ends. 

I finally get some breakfast, which for some reason tastes so much better today! I guess I was really. I thought. It was understandable as I didn't really have the chance to eat anything thanks to last night's 'incident'.

I spend the next few hours engrossed in my new book, almost finishing 6 of the 37 chapters in one sitting before hearing something hit the door to the balcony. I look towards the source, finding what looks to be a clothing peg. I examine the; a hot, sunny day. It's not even that windy, how did- I begin to think before yet another one hits the door. 

I open the door, going outside onto the balcony, leaning on the railing in order to get a better view. I look to the left and sure enough, I find the source of it all.

Chizuru: "Hey." She says, giving a small wave.

Y/n: "Hi. A-Are you feeling any better?" I ask, wary of the fact that she's also leaning against her balcony.

Chizuru: "I'm fine now. Must've been an off day... how are you?" She replies, asking me a little quietly.

Y/n: "I'm doing well." I say simply.

An awkward silence follows, lasting far longer than I had hoped. After a good few minutes, I continue, looking towards the horizon.

Y/n: "I told my parents the truth about us." I say, relieved.

Chizuru: "...What do you mean?" She responds, half-apprehensively.

Y/n: "D-Don't worry about it. I just said that you're a friend and you were just having my back. They said it's alright and they don't blame us." I finish, with Ichinose looking a lot calmer now.

After processing what I had just said, she goes on:

Chizuru: "...Thank you. I only wish that I didn't lie in the first place but I guess it can't be helped." She says casually.

A silence fills the air once more, lasting far longer this time. I get back up, about to say goodbye when she speaks once more:

Chizuru: "...There's a play I'm going to see tomorrow. I think it could help gain more insight into the world of acting, plus a couple of well-known actors will be featuring in it..." She says shyly, stopping for a few seconds before continuing

"Y-You mentioned that you wanted to help me in my acting career, so I was wond-"

Y/n: "I'll be there." I say confidently.