Chapter Twenty-Four

Elle Robinson

"Have you put on weight?" Mum asked, prodding my stomach as she put a plate of delicious-smelling, absolutely heavenly roast chicken on the table.

"MUM!" I cried in horror. "NO!" I covered my stomach protectively.

God, I actually dropped 2 stone in a month! It's thanks to this amazing Pilates slash Piloxing class I recently took up barely a month and a half ago. Cam from my English Lit class recommended it to me and God, it's like MAGIC.

Firstly it's so incredibly fun, nothing like awful exercise. Piloxing is a mix of Pilates, boxing and dance. The trainer is this 20-something totally buff sweet guy named Storm (I honestly have no idea if that's his real name or not) that all the girls in the class are fancying except me. Well I AM taken, but other than that Storm is way too buff for me. It's a bit creepy and strange really. I don't even mind slaving away for 2 hours twice a week.

Plus I actually used some of the money I've been saving up for years for college to buy some really cute gym outfits so I look totally fab! But turns out Mum and Dad insisted on paying most of my college tuition and Dylan also insisted on pitching in for the fees so I've still got about half of what I had 2 years ago! It's incredible what a few months of saving up can actually build up to.

And I don't think I've ever felt this good. I'm all lean and toned and everything seems to fit better now, plus I don't even have to worry about gorging on that extra slice of chocolate cake because I'll just work it all off. 

It's a good thing, really thanks to Niall's insistence on taking me out every night to all these fabulous new trendy restaurants aroun London where all the food is pretty much begging you to eat them. I think I'm gaining back every calorie I lose.

Storm wouldn't be very happy, especially because he makes us do a big dramatic weigh-in every month like something out of the Biggest Loser when they weigh you each week and find out how much you lost. But Storm says I've been making great progress!! The only thing that bugs me is how other girls in my class seem to be losing thrice as much and I'm determined to be a size 5 by graduation.

Niall smirked at me across the table as he helps himself to a helping of the chicken. 

"Oh shut up," I say. "I have NOT put on weight, OK? I've actually lost two stone!" 

"Jane, I told you you were imagining things! Elle hasn't looked better in years!" Dad says, coming to my defense and I grin at him. "Look, she even has a better wardrobe. Haven't you noticed at all how skinny she looks?"

Niall looked at me with wide surprised eyes and I smiled smugly back. I told him I lost weight but he said I look exactly the same which is complete rubbish.

"Better in years?" Niall echoes. "So you mean she used to be fat?"

"NIALL!" I screamed, throwing my balled up napkin at him. "I was NEVER fat!! I was just.... just..." I trailed off, trying to find the right word. Maybe I was sort of fat back then, not till I picked up basketball again last year!

"3D?" Mum suggests.

Niall explodes in laughter and I turning bright red. "Mum! Niall! I was not, not.. I mean, I was..." I spluttered. I suddenly pushed my chair back. "You guys are awful! I'm just going to leave right now and let you eat the rest of your meal in shame!" I grabbed my plate and turned away, not meaning it at all.

As I started to walk away, Niall did a big dramatic show of running to me in slow motion and throwing himself at my feet. "Elle, no! Please! I don't have anyone else!" he begs, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.