24: Lust

"Get on your knees
Beg me to stop
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me"

~-~-~

Mathew was sorting out the files one by one on my desk while Jay was on the couch, leisurely drinking coffee.

"Sometimes, I wonder if I pay you just to operate the coffee machine"

Jay laughed in his classic cheerful way, earning a head shake from Mathew. "Imagine boss, if I wasn't here, this entire place would resemble a haunted house!"

"How do you even put up with him..." I grumbled, making Mathew sigh.

But he wasn't lying, Jay knew nearly everyone in my company. He had even proclaimed himself to be the 'work-therapist', by gossiping and dancing around without any work. Even though he mainly drove everyone around, he seemed to be spending more time in the lounges than actually working. My phone buzzed and I answered Danny's call.

"I was with a patient earlier, that's why I couldn't pick up, sir. How come you called?"

"Lucy's feeling a bit sick, I think. She said that she'd be on leave for a couple of days" I sighed.

"Hmm... Is her fever high?" He asked.

"I don't think it's a fever... She's skipping food according to Sonia and stays in her room for a long time"

"Did she eat anything unhealthy lately?"

I grunted, "That douchebag takes her out for food often."

"Oh... It could be food poisoning or just an upset stomach. It's nothing serious since she's not showing any other symptoms. If she's vomiting, I think you'll need to take her to the hospital. Do call me if the symptoms get worse"

"Right. I'll talk later"

"Have a good day, sir" He smiled as I hung up.

Both Mathew and Jay had paid close attention to our conversation as well. He got up from the couch and walked over to my desk, leaning over it next to Mathew, "I was wondering why she hadn't come in yet. It's nothing serious, right?"

"I don't know. She doesn't even tell me anything. It's all that boy's fault."

Jay smiled, "At this point, what will you do when they get married?"

My cold glare met him, "Get out of my office. Both of you."

Mathew's face fell, "But sir I-"

"Get the hell out!" I yelled.

Jay flinched and dragged Mathew outside with him.

My headache had returned. It always did when I thought about that damn Nicholas Shaw. I heard that he had proposed to Lucy as she told Chelsea and Jay about it, but was too terrified to approach me, her own father. When I found out from Chelsea, my first instinct was to grab my gun and shoot him dead. Until, of course, my ex-wife stopped my chain of thoughts.

The only thing that made me happy was that Lucy hadn't agreed yet.

It had been over a month since Nick's proposal though, maybe she was having second thoughts.

I was proud of her.

But that dickhead seemed adamant.

My day always turned out rough when I thought of my little girl wanting to spend the rest of her days with Nicholas. When I called Lucy in the afternoon, she hung up early and said that she was trying to sleep.