Get out of here

So here i am, driving down the free way, tears streaming onto stupids Kats wheel that i clutch. I'm driving too fast but i don't give a shit. I hate everyone.

My mind laps around everything that just happened- my skin pulsates with pain, as i start to think that maybe i need to go to the hospital. Thinking that Angelo broke one of my ribs. And probably my nose. Come to think of my nose, i flip the rear view window towards myself, analysing my face. Dried, dark blood trailed down from my nostrils. One of my eyes were bloodshot, surrounded by a large bruise. My cheek was also bruised. How can you do that to your family? I dreaded to think what my body would look like.

I had nobody now. Nobody. Finally arriving back in Leipzig, i sat in Kats car for a while. Realising that i didn't have a single place to go. I kind of just drove around aimlessly, by chance passing the hospital. I sighed turning in and heading to my mums room, i didn't even want to wake her, so instead i slept besides her for the night, crying in her arms.

The morning rolled by quicker than usual. I was awoken by the usual nurse who cares for my mum, i think she was called Kate, or something.

Monday, 14th of October

Id awoken to her stood over me, making me jolt forward in the seat. She clutched her clipboard tightly whispering "Are you okay Eris?"

At first i was confused as to why she would ask, usually when i spoke to Kate she was all jokes, to lift the mood because of mum. But then i remembered that i was covered in bruises, and hadn't even cleaned up the dried blood from my nose. I pull my hand up to cover it almost as if it was snot, saying

"Yea- yea i'm fine Kate."

"Are you sure? i could call somebody?" The glare from her glasses hid her eyes but i could tell from her voice that she was concerned. Also by her crinkled brow.

"Who, my mum?" I laughed looking over to my sleeping mother. Maybe that was a cruel joke but i seriously didn't want to talk about it. And plus Kate knew my situation, she was there when i was still a child, crying in her arms because practically had no parents.

Her voice still lacking any signs of insincerity she says
"Your brother.. or the police."

I fold my arms slumped down in the seat "Tch- neither Kate."

She finally gives in, walking over to check on my mum she says to me whilst scribbling in her clipboard

"We've started her on the medication, it seams to be taking well."

My heart drops realising that i now don't have the money to pay.
"I.. I don't think i can pay for it. Don't you wait for a payment before you start it?"

She looks to me confused, then back at her notes, trailing her finger along the paper she mutters "It says here that it was paid yesterday."

"Huh?" I remark leaning forwards

"Oh yes now i remember, he said he was.. A cousin or something. actually i think i saw him outside a few minutes ago. Sorry i had a busy night yesterday, lots of patients."

I jump out of my seat, going to inspect what cousin of mine would pay €13,000 for there aunts medication.Swinging open the door i pier out into the lobby, scanning every seat, until my eyes fall upon him. Him who id never thought i'd see or hear from again. Him who i didn't want to fucking see again. He was slouched in his seat, playing with his fingers while i gawped at him from across the corridor. He finally looked at me, his eyes widened, and he even opened his mouth his shock. Quickly jumping out of his seat to stand and face me. Staring at me as if i was a dead woman. Once i realised that he probably assumed that i was dead in that attic, i returned into my mothers room, slamming the door. I wasn't able to face that prick.

He entered, looking at me, upon closer inspection Toms eyes looked red, like a lack of sleep or something.

"What the fuck are you doing here Tom!?" I whispered. Frowning at him.

"I'm just checking on my aunt?" Tom said loud enough for Kate to hear, before he pulled me back into the corridor, where we had a bit more privacy for now. He looked as if he'd just seen a ghost,

"What are you- Eris i thought you were dead." He gulped at the word dead, Grimacing at the sight of my injuries.

"Tom, you paid for my mother?"

"I did." He said triumphantly.

"Thank you. But i think you should leave." I say trying to remain calm, still furious that he'd left me for dead.

"Eris. I can't just leave you- Who did this to you?! Was it Angelo?!" Tom asked brushing his fingers along my red cheek.
I flick his hand off, "You left me when i was bleeding out and tied up in an attic .Tom- i got you your money back, you can leave me now. The deals over" I say assertively, looking at the wall

"Who, Eris?"

"Angelo. He thinks i killed Lucas. Which is also your fault." i say

"Come with me. I bet he's looking for you right now Eris." Tom says completely ignoring me

I shake my head, about to leave Tom when rhythmic clicks echo towards us. Followed by a sluggish scrape. My brother always scraped his feet.

I turned around, almost giving myself whiplash, and there it was. Angelo and Kat, walking towards us. Kat had her arms linked with Angelo, she'd seen me as i watched her shake her head in a way that said 'get out of here'.