South Leipzig

We pull up outside a NYC style apartment block- in the heart of South Leipzig. Although i'd sat staring out of the window the whole drive, i decide to finally look at Tom. Raising my eyebrows in a way that questioned if this is really where he was taking me,

"This is George's girlfriend's place, Crystal. she's got a spare room that she's renting out. I'll pay for it. If you want." He said as he looked to me in a calculated stare, awaiting a movement in my expression. His words were soft and smooth like the fluffy clouds which began to loom over us, yet there was no mistaking the firmness of his tone, or the seriousness behind his easy going gaze.

I look at Tom, i felt a strong conflict. I couldn't help but be reminded the way he'd turned his back to me, left me to die, but the genuine opportunity that he'd offered was something i was in dire need of. I wanted so bad to refuse in spite- tell him that i hated him, that i didn't need him. But in reality Tom was someone that i hated, but also someone that i had to trust if i wanted to survive. So i sigh heavily, agreeing to Tom's offer. For now anyway.

We headed to the apartment door, it was the fourth story and the fourteenth room, which i decided was perfect, Angelo would never ever find me. This could actually be somewhere i could live at peace. Without the worry in the back of my head that my brother would turn up.

Crystal finally opened the door a crack, i leaned to only just see her face peak out, as she sheepishly scanned the area, until her eyes landed on Tom, momentarily- because she swiftly looked away, glancing at me cautiously. She looked confused at the sight of us both, but seconds later her expression changed, almost like a flip had been switched, or she's felt some sort of Deja vu. I watched as she opened the door, letting us spill into her apartment.

"Go and see if you like the look of it." Tom places his hand gently on my back, guiding me to leave him and crystal. I adhere, wandering off to explore the surprisingly large room. I was surprised by how well decorated the place was, from the lush furniture to the expensive looking paintings on the wall, it was all so foreign to me, i couldn't seam to believe that there was any chance i could live here. As i ran my hand along the fresh white couch i overhear Toms and Crystals conversation- her tone sounds nervous.

"Again??" I hear her blurt. Which cast my mind back to the not so distant memory of Crystals expression upon seeing Tom, she'd seemed almost terrified of him- I guess that would be usual for anyone seeing Tom, but surely as George's girlfriend crystal would be used to it?

After a while of the two conversing, Tom shouts me back over, asking me if i like the apartment, i nod as Crystal smiles at me weakly.

"Okay, it's decided then. Thanks Crystal. Tom winks at her before leaving. But just as he steps into the corridor i have a realisation "WAIT!!" i shout after him, joining him in the lobby.

"I can't live in South Leipzig, it's crawling with Tokio bloods."

Tom looks to me confused, like i was missing something.

"My gang love you Eris- You brought us our money back."

I blink, stuttering "Really? actually?"

"pfft yea, and actually Eris, you might have to do some jobs for us, become a Tokio, if you want to keep living here for free."

I shake my head, Refusing to get involved with anymore gang activity, i mean look at where it's got me so far...

"I owe you this Eris.. But not for that much longer. We'll see what you say later."

He says coldly before leaving me.
"I still hate you!!" I shout to him as he disappears down the steps. Hopefully this will be the last time i ever have to speak to that dick

I head back inside to meet Crystal, she shows me to my room, and seams a lot more bubbly than before. "So, Eris. Tom told me about you."

"Yea..." i reply scratching my head.

"I'll let you get some sleep, it sounds like you've been through hell and back." Crystal puts sympathetically, handing me fresh bed sheets.