A friendship in grieving

Inspo: nothing?? idk it was meant to be soo different originally

VERY MUCH PLATONIC, again!! IDEK IF THIS COULD BE CONSIDERED A ONE SHOT OR A PROMPT LIKE IDK WHAT THIS IS CALLED HELP

Ever since that one friend group ended, another one was formed. This time it was more like a gang instead of a friend group, everyone obeying Aubrey and her commands but you. You were almost like second in command, Aubrey's right hand person. You helped make decisions that would better the gang, like if they should have bikes or not. Other times they were more stupid decisions, like where to spray paint your lucky number or who to make fun of. Either way it brought you a confusing amount of joy. You couldn't tell if it was because of the things you were doing, or if it was because you did them with Aubrey.

 Even before the incident, you and Aubrey were extremely close. Now you guys are closer than ever. Aubrey didn't want to tell the gang out of embarrassment, but she went to the local church every so often to visit Mari's grave. For a long time it was empty, no flowers or anything. However, recently someone placed white flowers wrapped in a ribbon at her grave. If it wasn't you or Aubrey, who was it? Obviously Kel or Sunny, because Hero was away at college. Where did the time go? 

It felt like just yesterday all seven of you (hope I counted correctly) were in Sunny's treehouse playing cards and goofing off eating watermelon. Although the good days have passed, there are still multiple chances of making new memories just as good as those that were made earlier. Why hide memories that made you feel in the moment even though the moment has passed?