Little Energy, Little Sleep

I did my best to ignore Devan as I slowly made my way down the stairs. When I got to the bottom, I was dead tired, but I wasn't about to give up, so I made myself keep going until I was in the kitchen before I sat down at the table. Devan gave me a glass of water, but I didn't drink it, instead once I could, I got up and got myself a glass of water, just to piss him off.

I then searched through the fridge, but found nothing that I wanted, so I just settled with the water.

"Are you not going to eat?" Devan asked.

"Nope," I said. "There's nothing that looks appetizing."

"Not even the pizza?"

I shook my head.

"What does sound appetizing?"

"Agua."

"Besides water."

I shrugged. "Nothing really."

"Fine, but you better eat tomorrow."

"And if I don't?"

"I will make you."

I raised my eyebrows at him, but by the look in his eyes, he was serious.

"Good luck," I said.

"With the state you're in, I don't think it will be difficult."

Oh, he was dead serious about this.

"If you do that to me, I will not be telling you anything, not that I was going to in the first place," I said.

"I am not looking for any information on your gang. I just want you to remember what happened the last five months. And to tell me why I deserve to be slapped in the face."

"The reason you need to be slapped in the face is because you kidnapped me after you tried to kill me."

He shook his head, said goodnight, and left.

So once I finished my glass of water, I headed back upstairs, taking my time and instead of going to my room, I went to the sun room. I sat in the window seat, searching for stars in the sky, but clouds were in the way, so I didn't see any.

I was in and out of sleep all night. I needed to sleep; it would help me get better faster. But I just couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time. I eventually gave up trying at five in the morning and instead wandered around the house. I didn't bother trying the doors because I wouldn't get anywhere anyway. But I did find something interesting: a room full of weapons.

I quietly looked around at all the guns and knives, testing how they felt in my hands. I didn't plan to, but I ended up sitting down and falling asleep for another hour.

"Scout," Someone whispered, shaking me lightly.

I jolted awake, instantly taking the gun that I still held and firing it at whoever was trying to wake me up. Lucky for them the gun wasn't loaded.

Nate stepped back, holding his hands up. "Whoa, there tiger," He laughed. "I'm not going to bite."

I tossed the gun to the side and rubbed my eyes until I was more awake.

"I think you should get out of here before Devan wakes up," He told me. "He wouldn't like to hear that you were in here."

"He should have locked the door then," I said, standing up.

"How'd you sleep?" Nate asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"Terrible."

"Aw, why?"