Taking It Back

SCOUT'S POINT OF VIEW

Trenton didn't do anything to contact me within a week, so I sent the email to him. He was quick to respond.

*who is this?*

*Scout*

*You better return the computer now, with it logged in, or we will hunt you down and kill you*

*I will be willing to return it, in exchange*

*in exchange for what?*

*the gang*

*no*

*well, then there goes everything you need to know about the gang*

*Scout, there has got to be something we can agree on*

*Nope*

*We are tracking the signal from the computer and are coming for you. See you later*

Unfortunately for them, I wasn't on the laptop. I was using a public computer in a library and as soon as Trenton said that they were coming, I headed out.

I had somehow managed to scrape up more money in the past week and gotten more food, which helped my health a LOT. I was still sick, but I didn't feel as bad as before. But now that I was going to have to move, that will change.

I headed back to Chicago. Yeah, that probably isn't the smartest thing, but they won't expect me to be there, so it should be somewhat safe...maybe.

I snuck back into the Loft where I get myself more food and ate until I threw up. I know, stupid. But then I mentally smacked myself on the forehead for not thinking of this sooner. No one comes in the Loft except for me, so I would be safe here unless I made noise, which I wasn't going to do.

In the Loft, signals can't be traced, so I could still email Trenton.

*where are you?* He sent to me.

*Guess*

*I hope it's somewhere hot. You should get used to it because you are going to hell*

*Yay! Party with Marcus!*

He didn't respond after that.

My only problem, well, my only major problem right now was that I was still sick. I still needed to get medicine or see a doctor. For now, I've just been taking ibuprofen or Advil or things like that to keep the pain down. But I still had to hide in my room in the back so I could cough without being heard.

I was hesitant to go out because I didn't want to risk giving myself away. But when night came around, I silently crept out into the hall, a gun in one hand, a knife in the other. We had a small infirmary...but it was on the opposite side of the subway as the Loft. I know that there are air ducts that lead to it, but I don't know how to get there and don't want to get lost. Every time I heard someone, I would stop moving and hold my breath, hoping that I wouldn't have to cough. I finally got there and found just what I needed and I took the medication there. It said that I would only need that dosage, and I should be good. If I don't get better, then I was to see a doctor.

My trip back wasn't so lucky. The medicine tasted horrible and was making me feel like I had to cough. I found a room that I could close myself in to cough for a moment. But that was the last room that was quiet enough until the Loft. This was going to be a painful walk. I tried to quietly clear my throat of silently cough, but it wouldn't satisfy the feeling in my throat. My eyes watered as I began to jog. The only other time I've had this problem was when I had to pee so bad but there were no bathrooms. But this has got to be way worse.