Interrogation

DEVAN'S POINT OF VIEW

I shook my head to try to clear it, but wasn't successful. Everything was foggy. There were people talking, but I couldn't understand them. I couldn't see well either. Everything was a blur. Where am I?

"Look who's awake," Someone said and stood right in front of me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to clear my mind.

"What the matter, boy?"

I couldn't move my hands or feet. I was tied to a chair.

When I opened my eyes again, I could see a little better, though it still wasn't enough to help me. Then someone smacked me on the side of the head.

"I'm talking to you, Rake!" They shouted at me.

I shook my head again, but quickly stopped when all of a sudden pain just coursed through my body. I groaned and strained against my binds to try to do something to help myself. My shoulder and my thigh were on fire. Someone grabbed my hair and tipped my head back so I was staring at a light, though I still couldn't see well enough for the light to hurt. I shook my head until they let go of me.

"He can't hear a thing," They said.

That wasn't entirely true. My hearing was in and out so I could only hear every so often. What was wrong with me?

My medication.

I had been taking the pills for so long that my body got used to it. I was going through withdrawal. I hadn't taken them today and now wasn't functioning properly.

"Ow!" I shouted when pain shot through my shoulder when I tried to shift myself.

"Well he can speak alright."

Someone grabbed me and shook me.

"Wake up, kid!"

I yelled in pain when he had grabbed my shoulder and my senses finally woke up. I quickly assessed my situation. I was in a room. There were three other people in here. I was tied to a chair in the center and was face to face with Trenton. I struggled against the ropes holding me, but not for long before it hurt too much. I had very pathetic bandages over my wounds that still looked like they were bleeding.

"Are you listening now?" Trenton asked me.

I just glared at him.

"Where is the computer?" He asked.

"I don't have it."

"I've noticed. Where is it?"

"I don't know."

I yelled in pain when one of the other people grabbed my shoulder, pressing his fingers down over the wound.

"Let me ask again, where is the computer?"

"I don't know! I didn't take it!"

"Liar."

"I tried to take it, I'll tell you that. But someone else was there. They attacked me..." I had to slow down as my head went spinning. "They attacked me and took it...I chased them, but then they shot me."

"Who was it?"

"I don't know. It was dark. I couldn't make out any features."

"God, how does this kid keep a gang running?" Trenton muttered to the other two as he paced back and forth in front of me.

I was in so much pain that I couldn't help but ask, "Do you have any morphine or some kind of painkiller?"

All three of them laughed.