Chapter 8

I'm listening to Distance by Christina Perri. Honestly, that's what I do in times like these. I listen to songs that matches how I feel. But what am I thinking? A guy like Four can have anyone he wants. He most definitely wouldn't want me. What am I thinking? I sigh and drive to school. I see Four again. When he sees me, he waves me over to next to his Harley again. I park my car and get out. He smiles at me. Why does he hang out with me so much?

"Hey Trissy!" He says. I nod and smile at him. Suddenly, the girl-Molly, I think?-comes up to him. Here we go again.

"Hey Four!" She says and puts a hand on his shoulder. Is she the one he likes? But the disgust obvious in his face tells me otherwise.

"Get your hand off me!" He scoffs at her and brushes her hand off his shoulder roughly. She backs off but doesn't walk away.

"I just wanted to talk about the prom." She says. So she wants him to ask her.

Four smirks. "I already have a partner. Good luck finding one, Molly. You're going to need it."

I try not to burst out laughing.

"What?! Who is it?! It should be me!" She exclaims.

"I'm going with Tris." Four practically chirps happily.

"What?! You're going with this ugly and scrawny little loser?!"She yells. Ouch. I never want to feel any smaller than I feel right now. My eyes burn and tears prick my eyes. Four is fuming with rage. He slaps her. She look shocked.

"You're the loser, Molly! Not her! I'm going with Tris and that's final! Go and tell every single soul in this school if you want! I don't damn freaking care! All I want is for you to be out of my sight now!" He shouts at her. He pulls me into his arms and strokes my hair. I bury my head in his chest. I don't understand this..this...whatever this is. But I don't wanna ruin it.

"It's okay. I'm sorry 'bout her. She's...I can't even think of a non-cuss word to describe her."He whispers to me. Molly, who was still standing there in shock, screams and bursts into tears. She finally walks away. I chuckle silently. I pull away.

"Let's go. It's time for class." I say.