Chapter 27

Tris POV

I'm in the park again. I couldn't stand her anymore! She said she'd make this hell for me. But it's worse than hell! I start sobbing. There's nothing more I want than to be with Tobias right now. But I can't. Suddenly, I feel 2 familiar strong arms wrap around me and pull me to them. Tobias. But how is he here? I can't control my sobbing.

"Shhh, it's okay, I'm here and I'm never gonna leave you." He coos into my ears. He pulls me onto his lap and continues whispering comforting things into my ear. He wipes my face and peppers my face with kisses. I giggle as he does. "And god, look at you, you're so beautiful!!"

"We still have plenty of time. And we're gonna be together all the time." He says.

"But-" He cuts me off.

"I turned it down."

"You can?" I ask.

"I don't know. I was managing well until I saw you and I was like, 'that's it!! I'm giving this up!!' You looked so beautiful and it was hard to control myself." He says. I laugh. "She will pay for this sooner or later."

"For what?" I ask.

"For hurting you on purpose." He says, looking mad. I show him the text messages she sent me and his face grows even redder with anger. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, I thought I could handle it. But I didn't know that it was gonna be like this." I say.

"Well, whatever it is, next time, tell me." He says. I nod. "Let's go back and give her a taste of her own medicine, shall we?"

"Of course." I say.