Chapter 28

Tobias POV

Finally, I calmed Tris down and we're going back to the party. I will show Lauren that my heart belongs to Tris and not her. As I walk through doors with Tris behind me, Lauren runs to me.

"There you are! Now come on, we've got to do the dance." She says, taking my hand. I flip her hand off.

"Get your filthy hands off me!!" I say, fuming with rage. She looks offended.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks, frustrated. "Let's go."

"No we're not going anywhere, go ask your daddy why." I say and drag Tris to the dance floor.

The principal comes onto the stage. Lauren will get her answer now.

"Dear students, we will have to choose a new king for the prom as Mr Eaton has turned downed the offer. But I've no one else in mind for the king. But I see that his problem is with who is holding the queen position. He does not seem to like her a lot. So I've decided remove Lauren and put in Tris Prior as the queen. Mr Eaton, will that do for you?" He asks and I nod enthusiastically.

I look at Lauren to see that she's glaring daggers at Tris. Huh, serves her right. Tris did not deserve any of what she went through. "Now, will the king and queen start of the prom night's dance?" I drag Tris to the center of the dance floor and grab her waist. She puts her hands on my shoulders and a slow song starts. We begin to dance. I look into her beautiful eyes the whole time. She's smiling radiantly at me. Soon, people start to join us and dance floor is crowded. I notice that all our friends have surrounded us, looking at us happily. This is perfect. This what I wanted.

"Tris?"

"Mmm?"

"I love you." 

She looks at me with a broad grin.

"I love you too."