Chapter 10

Four POV

I can't believe Tris agreed to be my partner for prom and the Lit. assignment! Nobody can understand how ecstatic I feel now. I enter my Economical studies class. I miss her. Even though I just saw her in Math just now. I'll only meet her again in the 4th period Music. Yep, I like Music alright! It helps me take my mind off of...him. Marcus, my father. It's the reason why I'm so closed off and rude. He abuses me, both physically and emotionally, every single day. They're the reason for the scars on my back. I carry them with me every where. That's the reason I chose Music. But now it's even better, I get to be with Tris. I want to choose her to be my partner for every single class we're in together if needed. Zeke, waves me over to him. His brother, Uriah, is in the same class as Tris, which is Art. What if he steals Tris, my only happiness, away from me? That's what I'm worried about. Don't get me wrong, but he's so much better than me. He could easily sweep a girl off her feet within seconds.

"Hey Four!" Zeke says.

"Hey." I say.

"What's wrong?" He asks."Is it Tris?"

"Well.." I trail off.

"Is it the fact that my brother is in that class together with her?" He asks. Oh my god! he's the best buddy ever! How'd he know that?

"Don't worry, Uriah's got his eyes on another girl. You know Marlene?" He asks. I nod. "It's her." I sigh in relief.

"Besides, I already told him about your crush on Tris." He says."I'll make sure he doesn't mess with Tris."

"Or he'll know what's coming for him." I mutter.

"Of course, he wouldn't want the almighty Four on his tails!" He grins.I scoff. The teacher comes in starts lesson.

xXx

It's finally the 4th period, Music! I've never been this excited for Music. After this, we get to walk to lunch and be together for the whole of 2nd block! Oh this is so good. On the way there, I see Tris talking to Christina in a corridor. I hide in a corner and listen to them.

"...know you like him!" Christina squeals."Be honest! I can tell if you're lying." \

"Fine. I like him!" Tris says. Like who?!

"Yes! You 2 would be so cute together." Christina says."He's totally into you Tris! See the way he acts around you! He's so nice to you! But he's a total jerk to everyone around him!"

Hmm..the guy they're talking about sound a lot like me. I hope it's me.

"You gotta get him. Nobody has been this lucky to hang out with him all day!" Christina says.

"Yeah, he's every girl's dream man, even mine. Four is the perfect guy, he's like an angel. He's so perfect!" Tris says. I'm perfect?! I'm her dream guy?! She likes me?! Yes!!!!!

"But there's a problem." Tris says. What problem?" He likes another girl."

No, I don't.

"On my 2nd day here at lunch, he told me he likes school because he gets to hang out with the girl he likes almost all day!" She says. Doesn't she realize that's it's her?Ugh...

"Okay, it's getting late.." I zone out and start walking to Music, smiling like an idiot the whole time. I sit at my seat. A while later, Tris plops down next to me. I smile widely at her. She smiles back. She likes me! Now I just have to let her know that I like her. But I don't want to do it just like that, it has to be special and romantic. I'll see what I can do. Tori comes in and says something.

"Class, next week there'll be a talent show. You have to sing song either in pairs or solo. I've signed up all of you. Good luck." She says and gives a sweet smile. Now I know what I can do! Tris, I like you. See the way I tell you that...