The Luncheon

The garden's beauty had flowers of all kinds that made Rilys leave his lunch and examine each flora. Alisha's favorite flowers were always roses, and they had every color. In the far corner of the garden lay a pavilion where a table laid out a beautiful array of food. The fancy white table set resembled the throne chairs.

Eddie insisted on carrying Alisha throughout the castle after the nurse bandaged her knee. The wound wasn't too deep, but she did lose some blood. The nurse was surprised she didn't pass out while running after Eddie. The nurse joined the group in the princess's room to help her change out of her training outfit. Alisha decided to wear her baby blue dress again.

Alisha couldn't help but notice how the servants looked and gawked at Eddie and his friend. She looked at them with a stern look, and they proceeded about their business.

Alisha brushed the silk of her father's clothes. She couldn't lie.

The outfits suited Eddie. She didn't mind him wearing them for now.

My mom should call the tailor; he can make more outfits for Eddie. I hope Eddie doesn't mind. It somehow feels like he belongs with us like a family.

The group entered the garden seeing the fountain flowing, the flowers were in full bloom, and the birds were singing above while the sun shone over them. Rilys was already drooling from the aroma coming from the pavilion. He turned around to see everyone coming outside to the table. "Hey guys," he said ecstatically. "The food here smells so good! You got to sit down so we can eat. I'm starving!"

Shoutmon looked at the chairs and grinned, running to the seat closest to the fountain view as he snickered. "Well, don't mind if I do," he answered, hopping into the seat prepared to feast. "Come on, kid! Why don't you have a seat? I think I know the perfect spot for you, hehehe, haha."

Eddie placed Alisha in a chair before he realized the seat Shoutmon picked was next to two other seats placed closely together on the corner side of the table. He got nervous, then rushed over to the table and picked up Rilys before he could sit down. "Uhh, g-good idea, Shouty," Eddie agreed. "Rilys, why don't you sit here?" He gently placed Rilys in one of the corner seats next to the Princess. He sat next to Shoutmon, away from Alisha, ready to eat.

The centerpiece contained many deserts, while the plates in front of them were meals fit for a king. Rilys' dish had a fruit platter, while Shoutmon had fish and chicken. Both Eddie's and Alisha's meals had decorated meat with cooked vegetables.

Before they could pick up a single crumb, they heard a pair of heels clicking against the stone floor of the garden.

"Mother?" Alisha asked, attempting to stand by using the table as a crutch. She bent her knee to not put her weight on it.

"Hello, sweetheart. I see that lunch is here. I hope everything is to your liking," replied the Queen. "I have some errands to run, but I need to know one thing," she continued and glanced at Eddie. The Queen's eyes widened in shock.

"I took him to father's bath and stumbled into his room by accident," explained Alisha. "Eddie didn't have any other clothes to change."

"I see," the Queen replied with understanding. "Well, I suppose I should call the royal tailor for a new wardrobe for you, Prince Eddie."

Eddie got a little flustered. "Oh, n-no no, you don't have to do that, your Majesty, ma'am," he stuttered. "It's no big deal. You don't have to make any changes for me."

"Oh, I can tell ya one thing they can change," Shoutmon yammered, flicking his food with his fork. "This friggin' fish and chicks crap. Where's the good stuff, you know?" He stood up on his little chair, trying to act taller. "Bring on the big boy meat, chefs! I hunger for steak!!"