Girl Talk

Lucinda gathered the dirty gauze. She then looked Alisha's way. "So," she began, chuckling to herself. "Guess your secret mission worked like a charm, didn't it, your highness?" She then turned around to sit beside Alisha, who was still blushing.

"My secret mission? Last I checked, it was your idea," corrected Alisha.

"Mm, true, but I also recall you not objecting to the idea," Lucinda answered, nudging the princess on the shoulder. "And it looks like we know how he feels about you now, do we? Hehe."

Alisha smiled, looking away, blushing. "Yeah," she pushed her hair behind her ear. "After all of this time, he did care about me. It sounded like he was in love with me even."

Lucinda clapped her hands together and gasped. "You must be his first crush! Oh, that would explain so much!" She devilishly smiled as she stood up and jumped from excitement. "You should use this opportunity to your advantage, princess!"

"No, Lucinda, I shouldn't risk scaring him," objected Alisha. "He's been through too much already. I don't want to make things awkward between us if I try to make a move."

"Okay, fair point," Lucinda agreed. "But to be fair, you both already make things awkward enough."

"Great," sighed Alisha. "What's next? Am I going to grow scales, wings, and a tail? Oo, let's throw some horns on my head. That will make him more nervous."

Lucinda raised an eyebrow as she examined Alisha. "I mean. You could ask his opinion. I think you'll look amazing as a humanoid dragon."

"Thanks, Luc," replied Alisha, rolling her eyes.

"You look very intimidating with your dragon eyes, and I'm sure Eddie finds them beautiful," suggested Lucinda.

Alisha's mind got clouded by the word.

"Oh, I'm sorry, your highness," apologized Lucinda. "I forgot that he used to say that word a lot to you."

"It's okay, Luc," reassured Alisha. "I wished that week never happened."

"I wish I could have done something, Alisha," replied Lucinda sadly. "When I saw you got taken," she shook her head. "I didn't know what else to do."

"No, you did what you needed to do," replied Alisha, taking Lucinda's hand.

"I wish I could have done more."

"You did everything you could have, Lucinda."

Lucinda's lip trembled. "You must have been scared."

"I was, but there was someone else who visited that cottage. I didn't know what the stranger was talking about. He always spoke of a prophecy where a Princess of Elestelia destroys Chermono during a battle. I kept denying it, but what if I didn't know it would be me? Could such a prophecy even exist in Chermono?"

"I'm not the one you should ask, your highness. It sounds like it could have been something within the castle to keep secret," answered Lucinda. "Do you think about asking Rilys or Shoutmon? Maybe Eddie knows."

"No, I'm sure he doesn't know anything about it," replied Alisha.

"Well, if you are going back to training, I suggest you get dressed and get something to eat," suggested Lucinda.

Alisha nodded in agreement. She went back into her closet and pulled out her training uniform. As Alisha dressed, she wondered if Eddie had found his friends already and if they were waiting for her.

One of the training grounds stood in the center of the castle, and one outside near the woods.

The village wasn't far from the training grounds outside. The common folk often like to watch the soldiers train. It would be a surprise for them when she makes an entrance after many years.