Questions & Answers

Warning: mentions of abuse 

Alisha gasped awake, practically jolting, followed by Eddie's awakening shortly after, both exhaustion and panic.

Alisha! Anaka cried in relief, frantically nuzzling into Alisha's neck.

Lucinda and Shoutmon quickly stopped arguing to see that the royals had finally woken up. Shoutmon felt his eyes getting heavy with emotion as he watched his friend sit up, still shaking but alright.

Alisha looked at Eddie before jumping on him and cuddling. She felt tears welling as she trembled. "Don't scare us like that again, dammit," she muttered.

She felt his arms caressing her body, his head resting on hers as they held each other. "I'm sorry, princess," he answered. "I... I didn't mean to worry you."

"You gave us quite a scare, kid," Shoutmon said calmly. "I'm not trying to sound mean, but you've gotta stop trying to make a habit out of this. Hehe."

Alisha tightened her grip on Eddie's tunic as she nuzzled into his hold as she did in the void. Her mind began filling with questions that made her head spin with lightheadedness. She felt weak and numb as her body fell limp in his hold.

"Your Highness!"

Anaka licked Alisha's cheek as Eddie frantically attempted to wake her. The princess never stirred.

"Everyone, please move aside," Lucinda ordered as her hands glowed pink and placed them on each side of the princess's head. Lucinda closed her eyes as everyone watched, waiting patiently for the verdict. Lucinda opened her eyes and sighed, "She's okay, but I don't think she ate enough, including the stressful events that aren't helping her with her pregnancy. Just give her some space, and she'll wake up soon. I'll get some broth."

Lucinda rushed out the door as Eddie held the princess close. "Shoutmon?"

"Yeah, kid, what do you need?"

"Can you give us the room?"

Shoutmon's eyes widened. "Oh, uh, sure."

As Shoutmon left the room, Eddie turned to Anaka, who was still nuzzling around Alisha's neck. "You should leave as well," Eddie told her. "It's best if we're alone for now."

Anaka wanted to object, but the look in his eyes told her to advise herself against it, so she obeyed. Eddie looked down at the princess, keeping her in his hold, then leaned his head down to her ear. "They're gone now," he whispered. "You can stop pretending."

Alisha opened her eyes, still exhausted. She looked up and met Eddie's gaze, surprised he had figured out she was faking her sleep. "How," she started to ask. "How did you–"

"True, you're feeling weak. However, your grip felt too tight for someone passing out."

He nuzzled her head gently. "You probably didn't want any of them hovering over us after what happened, huh? It would've caused more stress than we already have. Sorry about that."

"Yeah, you're right," she confirmed, nuzzling into his hold. "I just needed a chance to breathe after what happened. I didn't want all that company pressure."

"Mmh, I get it. I do, really." Eddie answered. "I guess you could also say this is luck."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, nothing is stopping you now, and it is bound to happen eventually." Eddie lifted her head gently, leaning her upwards to his gaze. His eyes were dull but soft. "So this is your chance. You can ask me now."

Alisha realized what he was trying to tell her. He was finally willing to answer all her questions, ones old and now some new. So she took her opportunity. She moved her body, sitting on his lap, face to face. He couldn't escape. Not that she saw any sign in his eyes of him attempting so.