Vikings

Alisha sat outside in the garden's pavilion. The chefs and kitchen maids were still setting up the table inside. She decided to look through the papers that she and Rilys had gathered from the chaos in the library. She thought back and realized that the librarian wasn't there today. Alisha found it odd, usually she would leave a message if she wasn't going to be there. Now there was a big mess that they had to clean for the librarian.

Maybe it would be a good idea to help clean the library after lunch or maybe after the tailor visits.

Most of the papers in hand were still filled with the same glyphs and weird symbols, so Alisha put them aside on the table. She came across a ripped page with different symbols but they looked more familiar. She turned the page over to see a sketch of a Viking ship.

Alisha smiled as she remembered going through the history books and her dad picked up the book of Vikings. He guided her on how to read their ancient writing. She recalled remembering a few of the coded letters, but it wasn't much help without the letter translation. Her father did put it in the book so anyone could read it.

"Mmm, maybe," Alisha said to herself. "When was the last time Cultural Day hosted a Viking theme?" If she was being honest, it may have been over a decade ago. Alisha always liked the Vikings the most, even when she was a kid. She remembered he and her father had war face paint on and the soldiers dressed as Vikings. There were numerous party games that she wasn't old enough to play. Could she remember them all? Would the soldiers help out? It had been a while since she last interacted with them, though for good reason. They had been understanding of the sensitive situation.

Alisha had always liked putting on face paint when she was a kid playing with Lucinda. Those were the happiest times. Now, she can share new memories with Eddie.

Alisha knew that setting up Cultural Day, despite having a depressing non-holiday so near. She hoped that maybe everyone would be preoccupied with the festival before the dreary day. Alisha sat back and sighed. She didn't know why they bothered with the remembrance of the day, all she knew is that one day, and that same day, everyone went quiet. Her father saw it as a time of sorrow. Alisha had spent the day in her room every year, wishing for it to be over. Alisha had a feeling Eddie and his friends would notice a change in the atmosphere when the day finally arrived. No one would want to do anything but just stay home. No laughter, just silence.

"Well, if I'm going to set up this festival I guess I should start soon," she said aloud. She heard her stomach growl. "Well, I guess I can't plan anything on an empty stomach."

"Everything is almost finished," announced a kitchen maid.

"Thank you."

"Mmmm, something delicious is cooking," replied Shoutmon, licking his choppers.

Rilys, climbing over Shoutmon's head, began sniffing the air as well, inhaling the tangy aroma.

"Mmm," he moaned. "So good. I call first plate!"

He then jumped off Shoutmon's back, projecting off his head like a springboard to the table.

"Hey!" Shoutmon yelped. "No fair! I always get first plate, stupid ape!"

"Not this time, lizard breath, haha!"

"Why you!"

Alisha walked in tow, with Anaka perched on her shoulder, making her way to the main table, scooting her way to sit next to Eddie, and passing a glance at him. She winked at him, chuckling softly to herself, which caught his attention. "Something funny, Alisha?" Eddie asked her, "subtly" moving his chair closer to hers.

"Mmm, oh, it's nothing," she answered. "Just laughing to myself. I was thinking of some ideas for the Cultural Day Festival." She moved closer, nudging him with her elbow gently. "Maybe you could help me out a bit?"

Eddie blushed a bit, then turned his head to evade her tempting gaze. "I, uh, hehe," he stuttered slightly. "W-well, I-I'm not sure what this Culture Party is exactly, b-but I can try my best."

Just then, Shoutmon slammed a metal plate onto the table, jumping up next to Eddie. "Oooooh," Shoutmon howled. "Sounds like the Royals plan to get 'acquainted' with each other's customs, huh? Hahahaha!"

Hearing this, both Alisha and Eddie blushed even more, followed by Alisha trying to reach across from Eddie to smack a chuckling Shoutmon. "That is not at all what's happening, you little red goblin!" She squealed through small giggles and blushed in embarrassment.

Indeed, it seemed like quite an energetic afternoon for the lot of them.