For years {Trigger Warning}

There once was a girl who saw life behind her.

Then along came a spider and sat down beside her and asked her one question-

"Why are you crying?"

She looked at the spider and to much of her surprise she sees a face of concern.

"I fell in love."

The spider's many eyes go wide and it could not hide the terror that ripped through its body.

"Does he love you back my dear?"

The girl shook her head and with terrible dread, she let out tears of defeat.

"Surly you will meet another man who feels your grief and maybe he will love you the same."

But the game the man had played had ended with the girl lying on the floor crying while the slashes across her body made her feel like she was dying.

"You don't understand my dear spider. That man was the only one."

Now what's the fun? She was born a sad girl in a happy world and her head was filled with envy and continuous dread that would leave her feeling dead for years at a time.

"When this man came along he brought with him a certain song that my heart beat again and again, he made my sadness go away and then- he fell."

"He fell?" Cried the spider.

"He fell in love with the woman I could never be. Thin, pretty and as talented as the eye can see. She sang show tunes on her little guitar and made sure everyone could hear her sing."

The girl had never felt such a pain from playing a simple love game but at the end of each day, she'd waste away. Singing those familiar show tunes.

The spider sat beside the girl, brought to tears at the girls spoken words.

"How long have you been sitting at his grave my dear?"

"For years and years and years."