Forgive Me

Dear Lord, as I lay my body to rest in this bed that I call home,

Please forgive me for seeing a man as so much more than he knows.

Forgive me for having emotions that carry most of my actions, some so strong that you'd call it passion.

Forgive me for seeing a man as so much more than broken bones and unmarked skin that can only be seen when the lights are just dim enough.

Forgive me for caring about someone who will never care about me, someone who never cared about me,

God please forgive me for telling a story that no one wants to hear.

Forgive me for crying tears that he will never get to see because wherever I am is wherever he never wants to be.

Forgive me for ever thinking that he was worth so much more than a broken bottle and rotten role models.

I share my pain with a walk that I had only hoped to break down only to be faced with the sad sad tears of a clown.

Forgive me for making this man a solid gold crown in hopes that he'd see himself as I do. But now I know who that crown belongs to.

And as I sit on the throne made of my own pain,

I ask that the Lord forgive me for the games I will play.

Forgive me for the anger that rushes through me because this level of anger should never be seen.

As I sit on a throne made of your lies, I ask God to keep cutting away at the ties I have to you.

Let me be alone in this world that man has developed into a dystopia where hopes and dreams can no longer live in.

Dear Lord, there's only one thing I ask of you.

Let me be forgiven.