I Remember

I remember crying.

I remember hoping that God would see the promise of dying.

I remember being locked away in a room that was never my own.

I remember thinking that the stories that I have been shown had also been put on display for the world to know.

I remember panicking, hoping that maybe if I stood still I'd only be seen as a mannequin.

I remember the lessons in school teaching me about love and hate, somehow making everything relate to the late fate that is my life.

I remember wanting to be someone's wife one day.

I remember telling myself that I will never waste away.

I remember being confused as to why the home I lived in didn't feel like home.

I remember god's groan as he saw me learn how to hate myself.

I remember thunder.

I remember being too afraid to wonder.

I remember being too afraid to research the different faces of God that people called upon, somehow hoping that none of their prayers would go wrong.

I remember being a child, yet stressing like an adult.

I remember thinking that her death was my fault and although the "fault in our stars" was a great book, it taught me that that kind of love will always be overlooked.

I remember crying.

I remember dying.

I remember trying.

And I remember failing.

But when has that ever stopped me, right?

The things that I remember are just memories, right?