She's Sick

She sat on her bed with a blanket on her body, staring at her phone for what felt like hours.

Until the pretty stone towers she built to keep herself safe turned into glass and that glass began to break.

The pain she felt in her heart was so much more than an ache.

When her phone broke the silence her heart screamed for joy and she smiled for the first time that day.

Because his name popped up.

She sat in the car in the parking lot of a Walmart and screamed. The car kept her screams whispered, so the people could never hear the meaning. It was a week of constant screaming.

Seven whole days of silent cries that rocked her brain to sleep at night and her body couldn't fight anymore.

Because his name wouldn't pop up.

She's sick now. She has been for a while now but today she finally told him the truth. The reason why she hated being all alone in a room. She was dying.

Her head doesn't rock her to sleep anymore and her tears lost their meaning and her constant screaming has left her lungs unable to breathe and her stomach heaves each and everyday because she knows she's fading away and the only person she's allowed herself to blame is herself.

Because she let his name have meaning in her soul.

She let his body drive her through everyday.

She let his words anchor themselves in her mind.

She let his promises be heard each and everyday. Played on a track that always repeats and her body has turned into spoiled meat right in front of the mirror.

But her eyes have never seen a clearer picture.

She's in love.