This Is My Time

I see reason to make my words into rhyme.

I see why poems don't take that much time.

Now here I am, taking your time. For once.

I spared important hours to listen to you and I took your words to heart.

I don't care whether you see this or not.

That's not where I want to start.

You pulled apart my heart and pieced it back together in the wrong order.

Before I could tell you I needed more, I was cornered.

I freed my time for you, yet you decided to give me the time that was free.

It feels as if I missed the entire year in order to hear what you could say, and all you've missed was a day.

You know what I want more than anything? Closure.

Tell me how you feel and I will tell you how I am. Tell me what you fear and I will tell you how scary I can be. Tell me what you want and I will tell you it's not me. Tell me if you want me to leave and I will pack my mind and leave my heart with you.

I let the world spin around me, day by depressing day, and you made the world stop.

I keep looking at the dimly lit clock and wonder when the lock on my mind can be unlocked so I can escape this confusing prison.

This is my time to shine and I'm not letting you utilize your free time when I'm on the other side adding hours to the clock so that I can still talk.

This is my time and I don't care if these are rhythms or rhymes. I am not about to sit here and wait, I'm either going to stay here or vacate.

Do not waste my time. I will no longer tolerate this level of crime. I can no longer make this poem rhyme. Just do me one huge favor-

Don't waste my time.