Special chapter - [Name]'s shenanigans

The Twig's gonna die

"Could you just pull me up now? I am starting to tire from hanging off a cliff." The man had the audacity to sound offended, almost as if it was her fault he was in his current predicament.

[Name] sent him a forced smile. "No, you see I was too busy holding your hand just for the fun of it! I had heard of the muscles of the Spartan men and wanted to see for myself if that was true, even when it came to your hands." Sarcasm laced the queen's tongue as she seriously contemplated whether she should just let go. "I swear on every god who has ever stepped foot into Valhalla if I see that twig again, I will punch him in the face."

"Make that the two of us," Leonidas added bitterly. Grumpy old man.

She and Leonidas had decided to train outside that day. The king, because he wanted a change of scenery, and the queen because she could no longer stand the stench of sweat oozing from the Spartan warriors. [Name] was now convinced that perhaps it was the smell that had made all their enemies fall, and not their fighting spirit as they so proudly claimed. Leonidas had then found this place - a spacious grassland, minus the cliff that was at least a hundred meters from the water below.

Oh, did she mention the sharp stones sticking up from the water, challenging anyone dumb enough to try to make a jump?

So, they had been careful, until that little Pipsqueak decided it would be a good idea to play a prank on them, in spite of the potential danger. Michel had placed a banana peel on the training place, and as she and Leonidas were running, one of them - not her because she's not that stupid - had tripped over it and fallen over the edge of the cliff. If she had not been quick to grab the man's hand, Brunhilde would have had to search for one more einherjar.

"Why do you have to weigh as much as an elephant? Do you also have the diet of one?" [Name] grunted, and just as she was about to shift into her fae form so she could pull him up with ease, the idiot decided to open his mouth.

"It is all about your mentality." Was this really the time to give her a life lesson? "If you think you can't do something, you won't be able to do it. Just think of yourself as a god and that should do the trick."

[Name] snorted. "If I were to think of myself as a god, I wouldn't think twice about letting you fall to your death."

"Good point," Leonidas admitted. Her arm started to hurt. Seriously, he weighed a lot. "Think of me as one of your god friends then," the idiot followed with, which in turn made her loosen her grip.

"Not Zeus! Not Zeus! Not Zeus!" Leonidas blurted out, gripping her arm with his free hand.

A smug smile crept to her lips. "Who knew that it would be so much fun watching a king panic?" And before he could answer she shifted into fae and pulled him up in a swift motion, resulting in him soaring through the air, flipping once before landing on his rear on the soft grass. [Name] then abruptly shifted back to human in case a god was nearby.

He shot her a glare. "You could do that all along?" Why did you wait so long?"

She gave him a lazy smile. "I wanted to see if you'd beg for your life, which you sadly enough didn't. But I did enjoy your panicked state."

"And I, who had just started not hating you," he muttered, a vein popping on his forehead.

[Name] blinked and then furrowed her brows. "What do you mean by 'started'? Did you not like me in the beginning?"

He heaved an annoying laugh that made her nostrils flare. "Not at all, Princess. I thought of you as weak. In fact, I thought that you reminded me of a certain narcissistic god I can't stand." Her jaw was on the fucking ground right now.