Chapter 20 - New faces

Even from beneath the giant, the king could sense [Name]'s baleful glare. Perhaps calling the capricious woman an idiot would deem to be the gravest mistake of his life, but despite being too stubborn to admit it, he took some joy in her anger – finding it attractive how this seemingly meek, fragile girl could break the neck of every being in Valhalla if provided with the right motivation.

Crossing his arms, Leonidas leaned his body against the door frame, feeling his triceps contract against the sleek pine wood. "Once again, what exactly are you idiots doing?" He repeated, a smile tugging the corners of his lips upon hearing an agitated groan leave the woman's mouth.

The wolf, quickly sensing his queen's growing frustration, made the brisk decision to jump off the pile of humans - if only the giant possessed the same mental capacity. "H-hey, [Name]." But Raiden could not muster a single more word before he was thrown off the bed, landing firmly on his rear next to the king. "Ow, that hurt," Raiden complained while rubbing his sore ass.

"Serves you right for almost suffocating your fellow fighters," [Name] retorted, taking a quick glance at Jack to see if he was still breathing, which he thankfully was.

Jack returned her stare. "I am fine, fair lady. And thank you." Dipping her chin in a slight nod, she turned to look at the infuriatingly annoying king. Crossing her legs, she sent Leonidas an innocent smirk, but the burning rage behind her eyes conveyed her true intentions.

"Tell me, Leo, were you planning on just standing there, doing absolutely nothing, as your friends were crushed by the enormous force some refer to as Raiden?"

Leonidas scoffed. "Well, I gathered since you enjoy the infirmary so much, you'd wanna visit it again." Wrong answer. Even he, the fearless and strong warrior with a temperament that could rival the most aggressive of boars, had come to regret those words.

"The only one who'll visit the infirmary will be you when I cut off that sharp tongue of yours," she snarled, more than ready to cleave him into tiny pieces. Leonidas steadied his feet on the floor, preparing for the potential attack, or at least he did until his eyes laid upon her elongated canines. Soon enough, his gaze wandered to her pointy ears, rendering him in a completely awestruck state. She rolled her eyes.

"For how long are you going to stare at my ears?" [Name] asked, resting her head against her palm. But before he could open his mouth, she hushed him.

The king did not take kindly to that. "Who are you to hush me-"

"Shush. I don't have the time nor the crayons to explain this to you." Did she need to knock some sense into him, so he'd get it? Oh, she'd gladly do just that. His brows deeply furrowed, showcasing his evident frustration. But [Name] completely disregarded his feelings, focusing solely on the humans nearing them.

She had picked up their scent long ago – their human scent. When the group was a good hearing range from her room, [Name] spoke out loud, ignoring how Leonidas continuously shot daggers at her. "What brings you guys here?" [Name] began, displaying no anger from her previous conversation. "I had no idea there was a party in my chambers."

She stared lazily at the six humans that were currently at the doorway. Everyone was present, except Tesla. Wait, six? Her eyes turned to look at the boy amid the group of men. And despite his short height, he seemed not intimidated by his peers, but almost, at home.

He gleamed in excitement the second his feline-like eyes laid on her form, his ponytail swaying side to side from how he shook his head. "I can't believe I get to finally meet you!" The boy beamed, either unaware or uncaring for how everyone's attention lingered on her pointy ears. [Name] hummed, standing up from the bed and sauntering toward their new companion, but the moment she did that, she heard another pair of footsteps nearing the door from the hallway.