Chapter 5- Cryptozoology

(Edited)

--------------------------------------------

Cryptozoology (noun)

Meaning: the search for or study of animals whose existence is unproven, such as the Loch Ness monster and the yeti

--------------------------------------------

<Kai's point of view>

As soon as Kit leaves with the agent, the others and I drag Lloyd upstairs and slam the door. "WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO?!" I yell.

"I... uh... she can visit the Black Rose in jail, right?" he tries to find a way out of the conversation, but I'm not having it.

"YEAH, WELL, I'M BETTING THE BLACK ROSE IS GOING TO COME TO JAIL PRETTY BRUISED UP, AND GUESS WHO'S GOING TO BE EXPLAINING TO KIT THAT WE GAVE HER OLDER SISTER A BEATDOWN, HUH?!"

This is just great, now we have to make sure the criminal comes back alive and well, or else we'll have a very upset nine-year-old going around telling everybody about our broken promise.

"KAI! CALM DOWN!" Cole bellows. I immediately shut my mouth, but I'm not done yet.

"Granted, what Lloyd said is going to get us in more than just a lot of trouble," Cole admits as I shoot Lloyd a death glare, "but, the past is the past. That's what Sensei always tells us."

I almost growl, but I catch it in my throat.

"Yeah. Besides, you have to give the rest of us a turn to yell at him!" Jay points at Lloyd. "I was handling that so well before you went all sappy!" 

Zane intervenes. "I agree that what Lloyd did is not the smartest course of action, and now we must carry his promise together like a burden; but I also agree with Cole. We are all brothers, let us not lose sight of that."

Lloyd scratches the back of his head. I slap his hand.

"Ow!" He glares at me.

"You deserve it." I snap.

He looks down. 

"We all make mistakes. All is well, Lloyd. Now, we are left to adapt to the circumstance that we are in." Zane retreats to the other side of the room and sits down to meditate.

"On the bright side of things, I got the FGAI's permission for us to go searching for the Black Rose. They want us to stop by their office tomorrow so they can give us some information first." Cole changes the subject.

"Since when did we ever have to ask permission to go beat up villains?" I grumble.

He shrugs. "We don't technically have to, but in this case, it's easier to ask so we can get the info they have on her."

"It'll be best if we head out early, so it will be less crowded. We would be wise to go to bed early tonight." Zane advises.

I roll my eyes. "Since when did we care about crowds?"

"Since Lloyd started getting smothered by fangirls whenever he goes out in public. You haven't been in Ninjago City with him since he's been hit with Tomorrow's Tea, have you?" Jay asks me as we follow Zane to our bedroom.

"I have, once. Ninjago city was under attack, remember?" I'm still in a sour mood.

Jay shakes his head. "When people are running and screaming for their lives it doesn't count."