🅒🅐🅜🅟🅕🅛🅤🅡🅡🅘🅔🅢

15. CAMPFLURRIES

Jiwoo's POV

We were in this very cute caravan type thing drawn by horses (thanks to Yuna) and Kai and Ni-ki were in the reins. The rest of us were in the back talking about what was to come.

Jini and I looked at the trees and chatted away to pass the time. She held my hand and squeezed it everytime my face fell. She's the best.

Kyujin and Sunoo were talking about a spell or something of the sort. Sunoo was scared and I knew it. He's my brother and there's one secret he'd never told anyone else, his phobia. Even Ni-ki and Yuna didn't know, I had to pride myself in that.

"Do you guys feel that?", Kyujin asked out of the blue. I wondered what she was talking about but I soon understood it. The temperature was increasing.

"Yep", I affirmed, "it's getting very hot".

"We're nearing the Fire Realm guys", Huening Kai announced, "the heat is going to get worse, probably".

We traveled a bit more and by then, I had gotten rid of the jacket I had been wearing and Kyujin, Sunoo, and I were sweating while Jini, Ni-ki and Huening Kai were unbothered. It was annoying.

The caravan in front of us stopped and so we did too.

"We're here guys", Edlynne said.

We got off and the whole place was beautiful. I expected it to be terrifying and look like hell. Well, it did but it was pretty. The black and orange landscape with volcanoes and lava everywhere, was mesmerizing. Even the trees were flaming trees.

"Are there any inhabitants here?", Sunghoon asked suddenly.

"Yes, maybe some creatures who are immune to extreme heat and some fire using creatures", Edlynne answered.

"We're not immune to extreme heat!", Sullyoon stated, "what about us?!".

"Yeah, Yuna and I have come up with a plan", Edlynne said.

"Oh, goodie", Huening Kai said and I didn't know whether he was being sarcastic or not.

"Okay, so Sunghoon using his powers can temporarily cool the air and Bae and Yuna can create this little mirage of sorts around us so that we'll be invisible to the inhabitants and Enya's fire won't see us", Edlynne explained.

"Yeah, this is why we told Sunghoon not to freeze time because it would have strained him. Same reason why Bae and I did nothing to speed up our journey", Yuna added.

"And what about getting the stone? Did you guys come up with a plan for that?", Huening Kai asked, his gaze deadly on Yuna.

"It's in the works, but I'm coming up with it. Thanks for asking", Yuna smiled, but it wasn't a friendly smile. Edlynne and Sunghoon immediately took action and tried to cool the two down.

The tension between them was seriously something out of a movie. I felt scared that their quarrels might end up affecting our mission. Jiwoo, don't think that. Everything is going to go fine.

"Let's get going", Edlynne announced and off we went.

The plan was going smoothly, none of the people saw us nor the misty substance around us. Adding to that, the air was cool and really pleasant because of Sunghoon but Sunoo looked sick. I decided to talk to him.

Sunoo's POV

Words weren't enough to describe how much I hated everything at the moment. All I wanted to do was get out of this hellhole, the realm or the whole kingdom, I'm not sure but I hated everything about this.

"Hey, how are you holding up?", my sister asked.

"I'm not sure if it's obvious but this hell, literally", I answered, sort of exasperated.

"Hey, we're getting out of this, don't worry", she reassured. I nodded, apprehensive about it.

"Let's take a break, rest up and figure out what to do", Huening Kai announced. We had stopped at a type of cave.

It was extremely hot because Sunghoon had stopped his ice magic and was now fiddling with something. Is he making a fire? I wondered in distraught.

"There!", he said. It was a snowy thing which looked like a fire. Campflurries, Jiwoo decided to call it. It cackled the same way a campfire did but it was cold and instead of embers, it gave out snowflakes. Not to mention, it was pretty.

"I wish I had my camera", Kyujin sighed.

"Hey, Sunoo, let's sit down", Ni-ki said and I wholeheartedly agreed.

"I think we'll have to sleep in turns", Yuna said.

"Why is that?", Jini asked.

"Well, Sunghoon needs to stay awake to keep the campflurry going and Bae and I have to keep our little mist alive", she answered.

"Yeah, that makes sense. But won't you be tired, all three of you? Besides we need your help for the whole stone procedure", Sullyoon said.

"Yeah, I can control earthly elements. I might be able to control wind and create a small breeze here", Jungwon added.

"I guess that works", Sunghoon agreed, thoughtfully. He lookee really tired and so did Bae and Yuna.

"Okay, so Jungwon and I will take first watch. Sunghoon and Yuna can take the next one", Bae said.

"Yeah, that works", Kyujin agreed, "I'm sorry we can't be of extra help". The rest of us agreed.

"Just rest up guys. We'll need your help soon", Yuna said.

"Okay, then", Sullyoon said.

"Now, did we bring food. I'm hungry", Ni-ki said and he was right. I was really hungry too.

After a hearty dinner around the campflurry, everyone decided to sleep leaving only Jungwon, Bae, Edlynne and Kai awake. The good night wishes continued until everyone was tucked in really comfortable mattresses conjured the amazing Yuna. Sunghoon put out the campflurry and soon enough there was a cool breeze that put me to sleep immediately.

╭──────────────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

So I'm back
Lol
I thought I'd update like hell
But I'm facing writer's block

I never told you guys why I went on hiatus
I had exams
I screwed them up
And my parents nearly killed me
But I'm back and that's all that matters lol

Anyway
Hope y'all are enjoying the story
Your votes, reads and comments always make my day