🅝🅘🅖🅗🅣 🅣🅘🅜🅔 🅣🅐🅛🅚🅢

23. Night Time Talks

Yuna's POV

Bae and I were roomies for the night and she was so tired, but at the same time, she didn't want to sleep.

"Girl, you should sleep. Your eyes are literally half closed right now." I said.

"But you'll be lonely." she argued.

"You're tired and need the rest, too. I already got a nap today, you know." I pointed out.

"Yeah, okay fine. But what are you going to do?" she asked, yawning.

"I'm going to flip through the book again" I answered. "New pages keep appearing every time I open it."

"Oh, okay" she said.

I sat next to the window and flipped through the pages which if you think about it seems really aesthetic. I had a beautiful book in my hand and was reading under the moonlight. Soon I could hear slight snores coming from the tall girl sleeping in the most awkward position I've ever seen.

I looked out and saw the stars, shining brightly like the past two nights. God, the night sky in Entwurf is just so pretty.

I couldn't help it and went outside and this is where all my problems started.

I decided to check out the patio I saw earlier, kudos to Drayce's workmanship, but I ended up overhearing a conversation no one would want to listen to. It was Sunghoon and Edlynne being Sunghoon and Edlynne. I had to deal with their confessions in the middle of a walk in uncharted territory and now this.

Stupid lovey dovey couples making me feel more single than I already am.

"So, when we succeed, you'll go back to being queen. Are you excited?" Sunghoon asked.

"I suppose so, but you'll have to leave and I'd hate that" Edlynne answered.

"Well, my life back home isn't the best but I have a duty, too" Sunghoon said.

"Really? Why?" Edlynne asked.

"My parents are never around but I'm the heir to the whole business and I'll have to take over it soon." he answered.

"A responsibility you never asked for but was handed to you the moment you were born? I understand" Edlynne replied.

"I thought you were a great queen and that you liked it" Sunghoon said.

"I never said I was a great queen" Edlynne said.

"But I know you were" Sunghoon said. I didn't see Edlynne's face but she was probably blushing.

"Anyway, I only said I liked being a queen and just because I enjoyed doesn't mean there weren't days I wanted to give away the crown and run away" Edlynne said.

"But you didn't. You stayed with your people as long as you could and that is what made you a great queen" Sunghoon assured her.

"You always seem to say the right thing" Edlynne said.

"Well, I just say all the things that have never been said to me" Sunghoon replied.

"Why do you keep saying such sad things?", Edlynne asked.

"It just happens" Sunghoon answered. "But I've become much happier lately."

"Really?" Edlynne asked.

"Yep, because of my new friends and you, especially you" Sunghoon answered.

"You also keep saying such sweet things too" Edlynne said.