🅐🅦🅐🅚🅔

15. AWAKE

Jungwon's POV

The rest were asleep and I was concentrating on keeping the air as cool as possible and I noticed how tired Sunghoon and Yuna looked. They were the first to fall asleep. Edlynne was next to me, looking worried as ever and in deep thought while Bae was sitting near the entrance keeping the mist that was keeping us away from the sight of the different inhabitants of the realm. Huening Kai had gone outside to scout the area or something along those lines.

"Aren't you guys going to sleep?", I asked Edlynne, awkward with the silence.

"We haven't slept for the past thousand years, not once, Jungwon", she sighed, "no matter how tired we get, we can't sleep".

"Oh", I said, shifting uncomfortably.

"You know, I think you should talk to Bae", she said, "she's worried and scared, especially of sleeping".

"Her nightmares?", I asked and she nodded. I didn't know Bae as well as I knew Sullyoon but I did know she hated being seen as weak. She had always been a mood maker and tried to keep everyone happy and never showed her own sadness.

I walked towards her. "Hey", I said.

"Hey", she replied.

"What are you thinking about?", I asked.

"Nothing", she replied with a deep sigh, "everything".

"Well, let's not worry. You're Bae Jinsol, the mood maker, the one who brings the positive vibes", I tried to lighten the mood. She smiled.

"Yeah", she said bitterly, "I don't seem to be doing that well. Sunoo is really scared especially right now and so are Kyujin and Jiwoo. Sunghoon and Jinni are really worried and Sullyoon is hiding her emotions well but I can sense she's close to tears. And Yuna, well all she's doing is fighting with Huening Kai every chance she gets. I feel like I'm failing everything'. She had started tearing up.

"No, you're not. Even right now, you're keeping all of us safe", I reassured her, "none of us our superhumans, Jinsol. We're all scared, worried and sick of this".

"You're right, Jungwon", she said, wiping the tears from her eyes, "thanks'.

"Anytime", I said with a smile which she returned.

"Hey guys", Edlynne said, "I think you guys should sleep. We could wake Sunghoon and Yuna now". Bae turned pale.

"I'll stay awake", Bae said, "let Yuna stay asleep".

"Bae-", I started but at that moment Huening Kai came in.

"Bae, you have to sleep. Besides, from all I know about Yuna, she'll be angry you didn't wake her and somehow throw out her frustration on me", he said. He was right.

"Bae, if you're scared about the dreams, you could talk to us about it", Edlynne suggested and I agreed.

"It's not that I'm scared, it's just, both times I was sensed. What if they can track us down because of my dreams? I'll be endangering us", Bae said with long pauses and I knew she was more scared than she was letting us know.

"You'll be endangering us more if you are too tired to use your magic to help", Huening Kai said, "come on, rest up. We have a long day tomorrow".

I woke Sunghoon up and Bae did the same to Yuna. We switched roles and decided to sleep. A part of me wanted to stay awake to see if anything happened between the four who'll be awake but my body did not comply. I fell asleep the second I closed my eyes.

Sunghoon's POV

After Jungwon woke me up, he stopped his breeze and I had to create a mild winter chill in the room. Yuna was woken up by Bae whose cheeks were wet. Had she been crying? Yuna seemed to notice it too.

"Hey, Edlynne. Did something happen to Bae?", she asked. I turned to Edlynne.

"I'm not sure if I should say this because it's Bae's issue but she thinks Avyanna and Maya may be able to sense her because of her dreams", she answered. I felt that she wasn't saying more but Yuna and I came to a silent agreement not to press further on the issue.

"Have you figured out the solution for the stone thing?", I asked Yuna.

"I mentioned one spell before we left. That's our only hope unless we convince Enya to give us the stone", she answered but her mind was distracted and so I decided not to say anything else. She walked outside, leaving me alone with Edlynne and Kai.

"Don't mind her, she's really stressed", Edlynne told me, "she feels that everyone is depending on her".

"Oh", I said.

"I'll talk to her", Huening Kai said, out of the blue.

"Why?", Edlynne asked.

"Just", he answered.

"The two of you might fight and doom us", she scolded.

"That won't happen", Kai said and walked out.

"We're doomed", she said, exasperated.

"Maybe not, they might surprise us but the chances are slim", I joked. It was awkward because this was my first time alone with her. If Jinni were awake, it would be the death of me.

"This is getting too awkward", she said.

"Yeah", I agreed. We saw Huening Kai talking to Yuna and the two of us watched them with hitched breaths.

"Do you know what happened to Huening Kai and Yuna?", she asked, "Kai doesn't tell me anything".

"Why would I know?", I asked.

"I thought you and Yuna were-", she said, "a pair or together".

"No, you've got it all wrong. We're not even really close friends or anything. I mean, give us a few more life and death situations and maybe", I said and Edlynne smiled to herself.

"I see", she said, "so you like her?".

"As a friend, yeah. She's nice but not in That way", I answered but damn this was getting awkward.

"Oh, okay", she said.

"Hey, Edlynne. How do your powers work?",  I asked.

"Well I've already explained about the teleportation part but I can read thoughts. Not feelings or things like that but thoughts", she said.

"I see", I said.

We continued making small talk and being astonished as to how Yuna and Huening Kai hadn't started an argument yet. Soon it was time to proceed on our journey and we bagan to wake the others up.

╭──────────────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A sorta fluffy chapter
I don't ship Jungwon and Bae but damn Jungwon is the best
Jangkku moment coz why not

Anyway
Wony with bangs>>>>>
She's so damn pretty
Love her

Hope y'all are enjoying the story
Your votes, reads and comments always make my day