🅟🅘🅒🅝🅘🅒🅢, 🅟🅛🅐🅝🅢 🅐🅝🅓 🅟🅔🅡🅘🅛

20. PICNICS, PLANS AND PERIL

Sunghoon's POV

Girls are honestly the most confusing species to have been created, I am not exaggerating. Feelings are the most confusing things to have existed.

Everyone thinks Edlynne and I are a thing now but I don't even know. I mean I would want to be.... no what am I saying?

We're just friends who enjoy each other's company. She's just a friend who makes me feel queasy inside and worry about how I look, and how my breath is.

We're all going to die and I'm thinking about my breath. Great, just great.

"So Ni-ki will be leading us and Bae and Yuna will have the enchantments on", Huening Kai said.

"Whatever we do, do not split up. Ni-ki is the only one who can find the way and without at least Yuna or Bae, we'll be doomed. I'm not lying when I say the dragons will not think twice before incinerating you on the spot", Edlynne added. She's pretty when she talks seriously.

"Shall we get going?", Ni-ki asked. We all nodded and the enchantments were around us. We were invisible and soundless.

Bae, Ni-ki and Huening Kai were walking in the front while Edlynne, Yuna and I were at the back.

Yuna and Edlynne were talking when Jini looked back and smiled. No, she smirked at me. The first person to figure it out and it had to be this annoying girl.

I gave her a glare that said, "Shut up!", but she just laughed.

"I didn't even say anything", she said and stuck out her tongue, turning away.

"Oh yeah, real mature", I mocked.

"Sunghoon, can I talk to you?", Edlynne turned to me and Yuna just started humming some songs awkwardly.

"You're talking to me right now", I joked, and she just scrunched her nose and pouted in the way she always does in response.

"I'm just kidding. What do you wanna talk about?", I asked.

"So...well the thing is....I....ummm", she started really awkwardly.

Oh no! She's gonna tell me that she just wants to be friends, isn't she? Or maybe she's into Sunoo or Jungwon? Or maybe she like girls? Or maybe she had a boyfriend before all this and she stilm has feelings for him?

"Sunghoon? Are you listening?", she said, pulling me out of that scary thought train.

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I saw something", I apologized.

"You know what, forget it", she said, exhasperated, "it's pretty clear that you and I don't have the same feelings for each other and I'm just embarrassing myself by throwing myself at you."

I stopped walking and grabbed her hand and made her stop too. Did I hear that right?

I looked at Yuna and she seemed to understand what I was asking for and so she just walked ahead, extending the enchantment.