🅤🅝🅔🅧🅟🅔🅒🅣🅔🅓

17. UNEXPECTED

Jiwoo's POV

Jini was thrust way from the stone and stopped by Jungwon creating a cloud like thing that caught her and stopped her from hitting the wall of the volcano.

From the flames, came out a girl. She was very pretty and wasn't the tallest in the land. She was easily taller than me but she was way shorter than everyone else. She had a very serious look on her face but to me, it looked like she was trying her best not to smile.

"Hi!", Kyujin awkwardly said a few minutes after Enya came in.

"Bae! I thought we were invisible", Sullyoon whisper shouted at Bae while also looking at Yuna.

Before Bae or Yuna could answer, Enya replied for them.

"This volcano is teeming with magic, it turned off whatever magic you insolent people used to cross my realm undetected", she said, her voice filled with anger.

"First of all, ouch! Calling us insolent is not nice and second of all, we're just here to get the stone. No one has to get hurt", Bae said, probably trying to placate Enya's angry mood but it just made things worse.

"You want the stone?! That's not going to happen any time soon", Enya said, "now tell me, how do all ten of you want to die?".

Ten? There's twelve of us? Oh, right. She can't see Edlynne or Kai.

Yuna looked desperately at Edlynne and Kai for help and so did the rest of us. I, for one was shocked beacuse this was like the first time Yuna looked at Kai without pure hatred on her face.

Edlynne looked calm while Kai was practically smiling to himself.

"Keep talking to her guys, especially random stupid stuff. She'll break soon ", Kai said in an amused tone.

"What sort of discussion are you having with each other that you keep looking at an empty wall?", Enya said, still keeping her voice serious and monotonous.

"Just thinking about the best way to die", Ni-ki said, "I mean you asked so I want to have a really poetic death".

"What?!", was Enya's reply to that.

I caught on to his game and added, "yeah, you seem to be really bored here so if you're going to kill us, why not make it really interesting".

Enya looked confused or exasperated, I wasn't sure.

"Or", Jungwon piped up after Huening Kai told him something, "you could give us the stone and be free of this realm. Isn't that all you really want?".

"I do, you have no idea how much I want to leave this hellhole. But I can't leave and I can't give you the stone", Enya said, breaking out of the serious demeanor she had been showing us.

"Why? If it's Cadmodeus you're scared of, there's nothing to worry about. We'll defeat him too", Ni-ki said.

"Hah! That old man? No, it's the Realm and all it's people I'm worried about. You see, without the stone, all life in this realm will cease to exist, including me. The magic from the stone keeps this place alive and I'm not endangering anyone here for selfish reasons like my boredom and hatred for Cadmodeus", Enya explained.