🅡🅗🅨🅢 🅐🅚🅐 🅤🅝🅔🅧🅟🅔🅒🅣🅔🅓 2.0

22. Rhys a.k.a Unexpected 2.0

Sunoo's POV

"Always been one for a dramatic entrance, Rhys", Drayce rolled his eyes as the so called Rhys changed into his human form.

We're doomed and I don't even know how obvious that is.

"I suppose what I'm supposed to do is turn all of you in to Cadmodeus, get all of you killed, let Drayce stay here safe with the stone and Enya gets killed", Rhys said.

"No!", both Drayce and Jini yelled at the same.

Rhys looked at them will an amused look in his face.

"What do you mean 'Enya gets killed'?", Drayce asked, worry all over his face.

"Oh Cadmodeus is probably going to strip her off of the immortality powers she received and she'll probably be killed for treason considering the fact that she gave these people the stone", Rhys explained, now fidgeting with some sort of flares. Is this guy ADHD?

"You're not going to let that happen, right?", Jini asked.

"Well she did go against royal orders. Doesn't she deserve it?", Rhys asked.

"No! Enya's the sweetest person ever. She deserves happiness and freedom", Jini answered, while Drayce was just looking defeated.

"Well then it's a good thing I'm turning a blind eye", Rhys said.

Well let's say, everyone in the room was surprised. Edlynne, Huening Kai, Drayce, the ten of us. Yes, even Ni-ki who was still in dragon form which, in my opinion, is really weird to even think about. He had a very confused look all over his scary dragon face.

"What?", Drayce broke the silence.

"Yes, all of you can go ahead and I'll hold the fort, literally", Rhys said.

"Am I hearing this right?", Jiwoo asked me.

"I'm just as confused as you are", I said to her.

"But before that, Drayce, please tell them why you need to go with them", Rhys said. Drayce just replied with a glare at his direction.

"Or do you want me to do the whole Enya plus the ten of you dying thing?", Rhys said, and then I saw it. Behind that face which literally looks like he would never even hurt a fly was a person who's seen tragedies and been alive since the beginning of time. He was sly, powerful and his voice was deeper than Ni-ki's, who I thought had a pretty deep voice. He was the type of people book readers would fangirl over.

"That stone is my life force. Cadmodeus made sure that I would never leave by putting all dragons under my protection and the stone would stay here because I cannot live without it", Drayce answered, "take the stone to the other side of the room. See what happens."

Ni-ki did as he was told, this time in human form now that we seemed safe. We were all still in a defensive stance though. Ni-ki had reached the end of the giant room when I saw Drayce deteriorating, into dust. He was writhing in pain.

"Ni-ki, stop!", I yelled, and Ni-ki turned back and saw Drayce's condition. He ran back.

"Damn, bro. I pity you", Ni-ki said.

"I don't need your pity", Drayce spat out as he staggered to get up.

"Now this was fun but you guys will want to get going", Rhys said, in an extremely bored tone, "time is money."

"I feel like he's going to backstab us the second we walk out the door", Ni-ki muttered to me.

"I know, right?", I muttered back.