Chapter 3: The Water Planet Secco/ H2 Whoa

Back on Earth in Station Square, Chris' family were in his lab standing before the abandoned portal: his mother Lindsey, his father Nelson, his grandfather Chuck, his friends Danny and Frances, and his girlfriend Helen. "Christopher went to Sonic's world!" Lindsey exclaimed, understandably worried. "Well, we have to bring him back! Right now!" 

    "I don't think we should try to operate his machine, Mrs. Thorndyke," said Frances.

    "Only Chris understands how it works," added Danny. 

    "I can't risk tampering with it, Lindsey," Chuck warned. "If I damaged it in any way, Chris might be trapped in Sonic's world forever."

    Lindsey was frustrated. "But we can't just leave him there!" she insisted.

    At that point, Nelson showed up, placing a hand on her shoulder. "We have to trust our son," he said.

    "But…" Lindsey tried to protest. 

    "Chris knows how to take care of himself," Nelson said, "and you know it's never wise to underestimate a Thorndyke."

    Knowing that her husband was right, Lindsey cried into his shoulder. Chuck nodded as Helen rolled forward in her wheelchair. "I'm sure Chris wil try to communicate with us, Mrs. Thorndyke," she said. "We'll stay here at the lab and let you know right away if we hear from him."

    "Thank you, Helen," said Nelson. "Please do."
………………………………………………………………………
    Meanwhile, the Blue Typhoon was cruising through deep space. It was pretty peaceful. Everyone was currently gathered on the bridge. "You detected one of the Chaos Emeralds?" asked Cream. 

    "Are you sure about this, Knuckles?" Amy added. 

    "Yes," Knuckles answered. "There's no doubt about it. I was in the engine room a few minutes ago when I saw the Master Emerald reacting to something. It must have been an Emerald!"

    "About time," said Sunset. "And here I was thinking that it's been like… what, a few hours ago?"

    "Wouldn't say it was that long," replied Dorothy. "Besides, you heard Knuckles."

    "Check for a planet nearby," Amy said to Tails. 

    Tails did so by pulling up a map, which appeared in the middle of the group. "Let's see…" he mussed.

    "There's one," said Chris, pointing to a spot on the map. 

    "That's Planet Secco," said Cosmo. 

    "And according to my galactic guidebook," said Sonic, who was currently reading CosmoNav, which was a planet guide, "it's dry as a bone."

    "Tails, we're gonna land on Planet Secco and find that Emerald!" declared Amy. "Let's go!"

    Tails was disappointed. "I'm supposed to give the orders…" he said.

    "Just do it," Amy insisted. 
………………………………………………………………………
    Soon, the Typhoon was approaching Secco, the Matter Emerald glowing intensely. "According to the scope, there's a lot of water on this world," said Tails as they entered Secco's atmosphere.