Chapter 18: The Eggman Fleet Appears!/ Terror on the Typhoon

Sonic and several colored spaceships were flying around in a colored area of space, shooting down several Metarex Fighter ships. "I'll destroy all of you!" said Amy, getting several with her hammer. 

    But there were a lot of them. Not to mention that the heroes were in a bit of a pickle at the moment. "We're in big trouble, Tails," said Cosmo. 

    "We'll be fine," said Tails reassuringly. "Just have faith in Sonic." 

    His mind drifted back to when this whole mess started. This battle just started about 3 hours ago, Tails thought to himself. We detected the presence of a Chaos Emerald on a fleeing ship…
………………………………………………………………………
    Earlier, the Typhoon had emerged from hyperspace to see a spaceship being pursued by Metarex Fighters. 
………………………………………………………………………
    "More Metarex!" announced Cream. 

    "Chao chao!" Cheese added. 

    "Somebody's in trouble!" said Sonic. 

    They watched the screen as the spaceship nimbly dodged the fighters. "We're getting a signal," said Chris. "There's a Chaos Emerald somewhere on board that craft."

    "They're in great danger!" said Cosmo. "If what Chris says is true, then those Metarex will stop at nothing to get what they want. We must help them!"

    Tails looked up. "She's right!" said Sonic. "What do you and Rainbow say, Chris?"

    "OK," Chris nodded. 

    "Deal," said Rainbow, giving him a thumbs-up. 

    "As captain, I hereby veto that plan," he said. "We have our safety to think about."

    But the three were already gone. "Later, kids!" Sonic called. 

    "Looks like we're too late, Tails," said Cream. 

    "Chao!" agreed Cheese. 

    Tails looked up in surprise before sighing. "Why do they even bother having a captain anyway?" he muttered.
………………………………………………………………………
    Outside, Chris took off in his spaceship, Sonic and Rainbow riding on the wings. "We'll be on that mystery ship in no time," said Sonic. 

    "Hope they're okay out there," said Chris. 

    Just then, Rainbow spotted something. "There it is!" she said, pointing ahead. 

    Sure enough, they could see the other spaceship dodging bullets in a wild manner. "Man, they really got that thing surrounded!" said Sonic. 

    "Yeah," said Chris. "You're right. Looks pretty bad."

    "Well then, let's take care of that problem," said Rainbow, already cracking her knuckles. 

    The other spaceship's robot pilot wiped its brow. Sonic and Rainbow launched themselves at the Metarex Fighters, destroying one each, before chasing the blue spaceship. "Missile launch!" said Chris, firing a rocket at the last Metarex Fighter. 

    It was destroyed in one shot. "Woo-hoo!" cheered Rainbow. 

    "Good shot!" said Sonic. 

    To their surprise, however, the other spaceship left via hyperspace. "Hey. Where'd that spaceship go?" asked Rainbow. 

    "It warped," said Chris. 
………………………………………………………………………
    When they got back to the ship, Chris immediately went to work while Sonic and Rainbow explained what happened. "Hold on," said Amy. "Let me get this straight: You're telling us you don't know where that ship warped to?"