Chapter 4: Dr. Eggman Joins the War!/ An Enemy in Need

Secco inhabitants were now thronging the streets of the once-flooded city. "We are grateful for your heroism," said the Secco elder. "You saved our Planet Egg and our planet. We shall do our best to bestow upon you the thanks you deserve by holding a festival today in your honor! A parade, music, dancing, and a feast to show our thanks!"

    Sonic gave out an impressed whistle. "Sounds good to me!" he said.

    "Me too!" agreed Amy. " 'Specially the feast part!"

    Grace practically beamed. "Mom! Dad! We're famous!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down.

    "Well, I wouldn't know about that," said Creecha. "We help others because it's the right thing to do, not for fame and glory. Try not to let it all go to your head."

    "Trust me," Tom added. "Been there. Done that."

    "Sounds like fun, Tails," said Chris.

    Tails was a little nervous. "I'm not so sure I'm gonna like this..." he said.

    Soon, the festival began. Everyone in the crowd was dancing, and a parade of giant wooden ships moved slowly down the street. One of them was carrying the heroes. "They certainly go all out," Chris observed.

    Sonic agreed. The Secco elder was dancing on a high platform as one of the inhabitants suddenly tossed Sonic into the air in celebration. "That's it!" said the elder. "Now everybody!"

    The next thing Tails knew, he was the next one to get tossed. Same with Amy. Soon everyone was being thrown into the air. "Why are they throwing us?" asked Chris, surprised.

    "Don't knooow!" said Sonic, suddenly bouncing back up.

    They were actually bouncing on a giant trampoline. "Haha!" the elder laughed joyously. "This is how we honor heroes!"

    Grace was laughing happily. "I love it!" she said. "It's like bouncing on our trampoline back home!"

    Soon, Cosmo and the others showed up. "There they are!" she said.

    "Look what I have!" she called, holding up an object.

    Even though he was bouncing, Sonic saw what it was. "A Chaos Emerald..." he said. "Who found it?"

    "I did," Knuckles instantly replied, " 'cause I wasn't too busy partying with the locals."

    Tom was offended. "Dude," he said. "We were dealing with Metarex earlier."

    "Wow, that looks like fun!" said Cream.

    "Chao chao!" Cheese agreed.

    "Yeah, if you wanna feel like a yo-yo..." Knuckles scoffed.

    "Why are they bouncing you like that?" asked Cosmo.

    "It's for getting their Planet Egg back!" answered Chris.

    "It's a token of their appreciation," added Sonic.

    "I'm appreciated enough!" Tails objected.

    "I can't take much more!" Amy added.

    Cosmo was happy. "This is so wonderful," she said, looking down at their recent find in her hands. "I can't believe that we already found one."

    "That means we only have 6 more to find, doesn't it, Cosmo?" asked Cream.

    Twilight glanced down at a list she'd written beforehand. "Yep. Looks like it," she said. "Once we have all 7 of 'em, it's game over for the bad guys."