Chapter 15: The Black Trap/ Teasing Time

On August 21st, the Metarex attacked us for 12 hours. It was scary. We didn't know if we'd make it out alive…
………………………………………………………………………
    Things were getting pretty heated as the team traveled through Metarex territory. They had to be on their guard at all times. Luckily, Tails had since recovered and was back on his duties as captain. And Sunset was well-prepared for something like this; not only had she built her own spaceship, but months before this Metarex mess happened, she had built spaceships for each of the other EGs, each with their own unique capabilities, in case something like this would happen. Now, said girls were flying alongside the Typhoon in their new ships, keeping an eye out for any Metarex ships they saw. Mostly, it was the Metarex fighters they were watching out for. Inside the ship, the rest of the team were pretty busy themselves. "Metarex ship approaching," said Chris. "35° right."

    "They're on a 135 yellow cord at a speed of 1.5 so.," said Amy. 

    " 'So.'?" asked Grace, confused. "What the heck does that measurement even mean?"

    Creecha shrugged; she was just as confused as her daughter was. "That's a space of 25,000 kilometers," said Chris, looking down at the dashboard. "Now 26,000… 27,000… 20,000… 30… they calculated over to that green area. Why though?"

    "What did I tell you all?" said Knuckles. "They're afraid of us."

    "Weird," said Tails. "They always have a plan up their sleeve, so we don't know when they'll attack. You may want to stay with the Master Emerald this time, Knuckles, just in case."

    "I don't want to," said Knuckles. "It doesn't matter where I am to keep running."

    "He's right," said Chris. "We've been out here for 5 hours now. Is this… really what the Metarex are up to?"
………………………………………………………………………
    Sunset thought about it for a moment. "I don't know, really," she said. "It's quite unusual for them not to come up with a plan to get at us."

    "Well, they're up to something," said Twilight, "and I'm guessing it's not good. So I recommend we keep our guard up until we figure out what sort of plans they got up their sleeves."

    "All right," said Rainbow. "I say we blow 'em up later!"  

    "I say that's the best idea I've heard all week!" agreed AJ. 

    The two laughed over their radios, much to Twilight's chagrin. "Girls, come on," said Sunset. "Stay focused. We've been over this: we don't shoot first and ask questions later."

    "Well duh," said Rainbow. "That's the thing: some of us never ask questions."

    Sunset sighed. "Well, in the meantime, we have to take Twilight's advice and continue keeping an eye out for them," she said. "If it's apparent the Metarex are planning something bad, then–"

    "We blow 'em up?" Rainbow interrupted eagerly. 

    An irritated Sunset was just about a second closer from banging her head on the counsel.
………………………………………………………………………
    Inside the Typhoon, Sonic was sitting in a chair petting Cheese, who was taking a nap on his lap. "Hey, Tails," he said. "Why don't you try steerin' the ship on a different course now?"

    "I guess I can," said Tails. "But where exactly do you want me to go, Sonic?"

    "Wherever," Sonic answered. "It doesn't matter. It's just we've been going in this direction since the Metarex began chasing us 12 hours ago, and I've been wondering why they haven't fired a shot at us."