Chapter 5: The Battle on the Ice Palace/ A Chilling Discovery

Having left Planet Secco, the Blue Typhoon was once more traveling through deep space. Chris was typing on a keyboard with Sonic and Cosmo standing nearby. "My new program will let us detect a Chaos Emerald anywhere in the galaxy, no matter where or how far away it may be," said Chris.

    A compartment for the Chaos Emerald opened. "Alright, Sonic, what do you say we try it out?" Chris asked. 

    "Sure thing," Sonic agreed, handing him the Emerald. 

    Chris inserted it into the slot and closed it. "Now, we connect it to the main interface and we'll be on our way!" said Tails, typing on a keypad. 

    A holo-radar appeared in the front window. "Knuckles, everything OK?" Tails asked over the intercom. 
………………………………………………………………………
    "So far, so good," Knuckles replied. 

    About a couple seconds later… "Wow!"

    "What's up?" Knuckles asked. "You got something?"
………………………………………………………………………
    "I'm detecting a response already!" Tails reported. 

    Sure enough, a blip appeared near the top left part of the radar. "I'll get everyone else and tell them to get ready," said Creecha as she hurried off. 

    Cosmo smiled. "It's thanks to you, Chris," she said.

    "It's no big deal, really," Chris said with a shrug. 

    "Sure it's a big deal!" Tails replied. "I've built lots of neat stuff, but I couldn't have come up with something this good overnight."

    "Aw, come on, Tails," said Chris, rubbing the back of his neck. "You're embarrassing me."

    Tails then looked at Amy. "Amy, what's the location?" he asked. 

    Amy typed on a keypad. "The signal's coming from a place called Planet Breezy," she said. 

    "That sounds cool," Tails said. "Okay, Planet Breezy, here we come!"

    "We're on our way!" Amy added enthusiastically. 

    Tails was disappointed. "I'm the Captain," he said to himself. "That's what I was supposed to say anyway."
………………………………………………………………………
    Knuckles kept an eye on the Master Emerald as it glowed brightly as Tails's voice was heard in the intercom. "Engage Warp Field Driver!" 
………………………………………………………………………
    Outside, a yellow cone at the tip of the Typhoon fired a portal in front of the ship. "Warp Field's ready! Let's go!"

    The Typhoon flew into the portal, causing it to glow in rainbow colors as it jumped into hyperspace. 
………………………………………………………………………
    On the surface of the ice planet Breezy, there was a palace covered in ice. Within its walls, there was a control room. In the center of it, a red Chaos Emerald was encased in some sort of machine. An ice-themed Metarex, Metarex Crystal, watched as the machine supercharged the Chaos Emerald, laughing. 
………………………………………………………………………
    On the Crimson Egg, Eggman had an idea of his own up his sleeve. "I'm a genius!" he laughed. "Sonic and those time-warping nitwits can't shake me, not with my spanking-new all-space tracking system! No matter what they do or where they go, I'll be right behind them. Throw it into Egg Drive!"

    Orbot pulled a lever, and soon, it was in Egg Drive. Basically, a massive egg surrounded the Crimson Egg, and when it split apart and faded, the spaceship was no longer there. 
………………………………………………………………………
    Soon, the Blue Typhoon emerged from hyperspace above Breezy. The blip on the radar was still flashing. "There it is, guys, straight ahead," said Amy. "But it looks like rough weather. The whole planet's in the middle of a terrible snowstorm."