Chapter 14: Crossing the Galaxy Corridor/ Clash in the Colister

After getting a much-deserved break thanks to Cosmo's clever party idea, the team was now ready to get back to the business at hand. The ship was now repaired, and everyone was well-rested and refreshed. Right now, they were at a nearby wormhole– the same gravity field that Red Pine and his army were sucked into. Knuckles was in the Master Emerald chamber, working on tightening a nut. "That should do it," he said upon finishing, wiping his brow. 

    He then got into contact with Tails over the radio. "All right, everything's tightened up and good to go," he said. "You can take off whenever you're ready."

    "Roger!" Tails replied. 
………………………………………………………………………
    When Knuckles arrived at the bridge, everyone else was gathered there. "So way beyond that gravity pull, there's an even deeper part of space called the Intergalactic Cloister?" asked Amy. 

    "I'm no expert," answered Tails, "but it sounds pretty accurate to me."

    "Chao," said Cheese nervously. 

    "Are you scared of what may be in there, Cheese?" asked Cream. "I'm sure Tails knows what to do."

    "This ship was designed to travel through black holes safely," said Tails. "So we'll definitely make it through in one piece."

    "I sure hope so," said Topsy. "Because if even one misstep happens, we'll all share Red Pine's fate."

    "But if we go to the Metarex through there, will we be able to come back at all?" asked Knuckles. 

    "We'll be fine, Knuckles," Tails reassured him. 

    "I guess so," said Knuckles, still a little uncertain. 

    "If we don't do anything to stop them, the Metarex will destroy the galaxy," said Cosmo. 

    "That's right," said Chris. "We have to go."

    At this, everyone fell silent, looking around. Confused, Chris turned to Sonic. "Uh, guys? Something bothering you?" he asked. 

    "I've been thinking…" answered Sonic. "Everyone back home must be worrying an awful lot about you these days. I feel like we oughta think of a way to get you back there, don't you think?"

    Chris was surprised. "But… how can you say that?" he asked. "You think I could just abandon you to battle those Metarex alone? There's no way!"

    There was a moment of consideration among the group. Tails was concerned, and Chris' eyes shimmered. "... Yeah, I guess you're right," said Sonic. 

    "Sure I am!" said Chris. "And besides, don't forget, I'm 18 now, which means I get to be your chaperone, which means you won't get into too much trouble."

    "Chaperone?" asked Sonic. 

    "That's right," Chris replied, the two sharing a laugh. 
………………………………………………………………………
    Later, Chris was with Knuckles in the engine room as the Master Emerald glowed brightly.
………………………………………………………………………
    The Blue Typhoon was now flying towards the wormhole. "Typhoon laser shields, activate!" said Tails. 

    A shield was projected over the entire ship. 
………………………………………………………………………
    "We're entering the Galaxy Corridor now," said Cream, "in 10, 9…
………………………………………………………………………
    "8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…"
………………………………………………………………………
    By now, the ship was near the wormhole. "Here we go!" said Cream.
………………………………………………………………………
    Soon, the wormhole began to surround them. "We're gonna make it… aren't we?" asked Amy.