Chapter 9: The Metarex Battleship Attacks!/ Ship of Doom

The group's last mission to retrieve a Chaos Emerald sometime ago had turned into something out of a horror film. Luckily, a blast from the past was able to save them in the form of a familiar black and red figure: Shadow the Hedgehog. How he'd been able to confe back was a mystery; it'd been 6 months since they last saw him since he'd been thought to be dead. But soon, they'd be facing a much bigger problem than Shadow's sudden reappearance…
………………………………………………………………………
    The next day, Sunset was meditating in the training room when she was struck with some sort of vision…

    In her vision, she found herself in a different part of space. Looking around, she saw several asteroid-shaped spaceships flying through. "The Metarex are attacking!" said one of the pilots, who sounded like the captain. "We must do whatever it takes to protect the base!"

    Suddenly, some of the ships were destroyed by a giant spacefaring Metarex as it emerged from hyperspace. "Aahh!" exclaimed another pilot. "It's Scarship!"

    The ship, rightfully named Scarship, fired off laser cannons that destroyed one of the ships. Sunset couldn't help but shudder at how intimidating it was. Probably more intimidating than a Star Destroyer. "Do not retreat!" said the captain. "Keep firing!"

    All of the ships opened fire on the Scarship, but no damage was done. Scarship continued picking off some of the ships. "Attention all ships," said the captain. "Fire laser cannons now."

    But not even simultaneous laser fire could damage the Scarship. It just kept on going and opened fire with all it had, destroying most of the asteroid ships. Sunset felt dread as she knew that the fight was in the Scarship's favor; it had her be reminded of the Battle of Hoth back at her home galaxy. Luckily, it didn't end with total annihilation. "All ships retreat!" said the captain, seeing the hopelessness of the situation. 

    Just as the last few ships turned back, Scarship destroyed them all. "Only a coward would flee from combat," it said. 

    Just then, Dark Oak got Scarship contracted. "This is Dark Oak calling Scarship."

    "Scarship here," it said.

    "You have a new mission," said Dark Oak. "Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman are throwing our plans into disarray. Find them and destroy them."

    "Acknowledged," said Scarship.

    But before moving on to its next task, it had one more thing to take care of. An asteroid ship had tried to escape and hide among the other asteroids. But Scarship saw it. "So… one ship escaped," it said. "But not for long!"

    With that, it fired a rocket at the ship, destroying it. 

    At that, the vision ended. Sunset snapped out of it with a scared gasp. Though she knew that everyone else was thinking about Shadow, she had to warn them of the impending danger before it was too late. She ran out of the training room and towards the bridge as fast as she could. 
………………………………………………………………………
    At the bridge, Cosmo was sleeping. Suddenly, she woke up after having some sort of dream. She was sweat-dropping as Cream approached her. "Cosmo, are you OK?" she asked. 

    "Sorry, Cream," Cosmo apologized. "I was dreaming."

    "Is it about Shadow?" asked Cream. 

    "It was," answered Cosmo (she'd actually been dreaming about something else, but she didn't want Cream to be more worried than she already was).