Chapter 16: On a Destroyed Planet/ A Revolutionary Tale

Continuing its search for the Chaos Emeralds, the Crimson Egg happened to come upon an asteroid field. All was silent outside. A flash of fire could then be seen as Sunset flew past it in her spirit form. Her physical body was meditating, so she decided to have herself a little adventure while in her spirit form; she was itching for one anyway. Seeing the Crimson Egg, she transported herself inside to see what kind of shenanigans Eggman was up to…
………………………………………………………………………
    Down below deck, Rouge was taking a bath. "Oh, Bocey," she said, holding out a cup of juice. "I asked you to bring me some orange juice, not this."

    "Oh, shut up!" Bokkun grumbled. "Who cares as long as it's made of fruit!"

    "Now Bocey…" warned Rouge, holding up his locket.

    Bokkun immediately calmed down, still nervous about that secret of his. "I'll make another one," he said. 

    He was about to go do so when Rouge stopped him again. "By the way: while you're up there, could you ask Eggman if he's found another Emerald?"

    "Huh?!" Bokkun was startled. 

    "Don't lie to me," said Rouge. "The reason he's entered this asteroid field is because he's detected one, hasn't he?"

    Bokkun just shrugged. "I really don't know why," he said. 

    He was about to go again when Rouge grabbed his foot. "Hey!" exclaimed Bokkun. "Let go of me, you crazy geegan bat!"

    "Stop shouting and answer me," said Rouge, "and I'll let you go."

    Suddenly, as soon as she said that, the ship started shaking, causing both her and Bokkun to fall into the tub. Good thing Bokkun was a waterproof robot bat (I hope). 
………………………………………………………………………
    "What's going on?" asked Rouge as she entered the cockpit. 

    "Looks like a full-blown space skirmish," answered Cubot, "and we're right in the middle!"

    "I cannot tell yet who they are, Doctor," said Cubot, "but I have a feeling they are not exactly friendly."

    "Now let's not get hysterical," said Eggman. "It's only Sonic and his pea-brained posse."

    However, upon seeing hundreds of flashes in the distance, Eggman quickly learned that it wasn't the Blue Typhoon crew, but instead, a group of resistance pilots fighting off a group of Metarex swarmers. Seeing this, Sunset immediately flew out towards them to see if there was something she could help with. "Just the kind of fighting I like," she said. "Now those Metarex are really gonna have a hard time."
………………………………………………………………………
    A human man named Leon was one of the resistance fighters. Several of his side's craft got shot down during the skirmish. "The warships are comin' at us from everywhere!" he said as another craft was shot down. 

    "We're way outnumbered!" said one pilot as a group of Metarex swarmers appeared behind Leon. 

    "We can't turn back," exclaimed another pilot. "We're too late!"

    Suddenly, three Metarex ships got shot down. Emerging from the smoke was the resistance leader, a young, courageous, and determined human girl named Molly. "I'll distract the satellite ships," she said as she flew through a thick swarm of Metarex ships. "You aim for the fortress and give it everything you got!"

    "Roger!" said the pilots. 

    The group flew towards the flagship, which was being run by Metarex General Pale Bayleaf. 
………………………………………………………………………
    "Sir," said a Metarex Trooper, "they are aimed at the mothership."