Chapter 13: The Chaotix's Great Shocking Lovey-Dovey Operation/Mission: Match Up

(Start of Act 2)

    The next day, everyone was hard at work, doing extensive repairs to the Blue Typhoon after the last battle. Cosmo was on the bridge when Sonic showed up with a few boxes. "Oh, this isn't the cargo hold," he said, looking around. 

    Cosmo hadn't noticed him until she heard him. "Oh… Hi, Sonic," she greeted him. 

    "How's it goin', Cosmo?" Sonic replied as he spun off the bridge. 
………………………………………………………………………
    Outside on the runway, Chris, Grace, and Tails were finishing up with erecting palm trees on the ship. "That's the last one," said Tails. 

    "We've been meaning to ask you," said Chris, "what's the point of having these artificial palm trees? It's not exactly tropical out here in spae."

    "Yeah," Grace agreed. "I mean, it's not like we're on a beach or anything."

    "Yeah, I know," said Tails, "but it's all because of your grandfather, Chris. Chuck once told me that it's important to make a ship like home to keep up the crew's morale."

    Chris was impressed. "Really?" he said. "His ideas sure are original.

    Grace nodded in agreement. "Impressive," she said. "Most impressive."
………………………………………………………………………
    In the cargo hold, Twilight was busy with a toolbox while Amy was hammering a dent until it was repaired. Sonic soon arrived with his box stack. "Hiya, Amy," he said, setting them down. "Watch this stuff for me, will ya?" 

    With that, he started to leave. "Wait, Sonic!" Amy called, getting his attention. "Uh, do you think Shadow is okay?"

    Sonic thought for a moment, the image of Shadow diving after the Crimson Egg flashng through his mind. "Don't worry," he said. "He's always makin' a comeback."

    With that, he left. "Hey!" Amy called. "What should I do with this stuff?"

    But Sonic was already out of earshot, much to Amy's frustration. 
………………………………………………………………………
    In the engine room, Cream, Cheese, and Sunset were helping Knuckles with repairs. Knuckles was tightening a nut with a wrench. "It's lucky for us that you can control the Master Emerald," said Cream. "It saved the ship!

    "Chao!" Cheese agreed. 

    "No kidding," Sunset said, wiping her forehead. "I'd say it's a close call."

    "So… do you guys think Rouge is going to be okay?" asked Cream. 

    They clearly remembered the Crimson Egg descending into the gravitational field. "Who cares about that bat?" said Knuckles. "It serves her right for fluttering around where she doesn't belong!"

    "Knuckles!" exclaimed Sunset, glarig at him. 

    "What?" said Knuckles. "It's true."
………………………………………………………………………
    At the bridge, Chris was using a pair of tongs to place a chip into a circuit board. Grace was helping Sticks with something on another part of the ship. "I'm almost done…" he said. 

    However, he stopped when he felt a pain blossoming in his leg. "What's wrong?" asked Tails. 

    "Just a little sore," Chris replied.