Chapter 17: Please, Marmolim!/ The Planet of Misfortune

Back on Earth, Danny, Frances, and Helen were poring over Chris' computer. Helen was typing. "We have to find out how Chris' transport works," she said. 

    "Try typing in a different password," suggested Danny. 

    "I know!" said Frances. "Maybe the password Chris used was 'Sonic'!"

    "Let's see…" said Helen, typing it out. 

    "Please work!" begged Danny. 

    Helen stopped her typing. "I think we better face facts," she said. "We'll never log into Chris' system."

    "Man, Chris made it impossible for anybody to follow him to Sonic's world!" said Danny. 

    "He didn't want us to take the risk," said Helen. 

    "It'd be worth the risk to see Sonic and the others again," said Frances. 

    "I wish Chris had talked to us before he left so we could decide for ourselves," agreed Danny. 

    On the desk rested a photo of Chris, Sonic, Tails, and Amy. It had a new glass frame after the other one had shattered. "I'm sure Chris is having a blast in Sonic's world right now," said Helen. 

    "I wonder why Chris hasn't tried to contact us yet?" said Danny. 

    "I bet he's having so much fun that he just forgot," said Frances. 

    "Probably," Helen agreed. 

    Soon, the three of them were outside the building. "Thanks for the help, guys," said Helen. "Try not to worry."

    "Bye, Helen," they said in reply. 

    As the three parted ways, Helen rolled off on her own towards the city. Chris, I hope you're alright… she thought before adding out loud, "I miss you."
………………………………………………………………………
    Meanwhile, in the Blue Typhoon, Cream and Cosmo were watching as Chris searched the galaxy for any signs of Chaos Emeralds. Sunset was looking out the window, feeling more determined than ever to defeat the Metarex for Molly's sake. "It doesn't look like there are any Chaos Emeralds around here," said Cosmo. 

    "Chris, are you sure the scanner is working okay?" asked Amy. 

    "Yeah, I am," answered Chris. "But there's a lot of interference in this part of the galaxy."

    "Why is that?" asked Amy. 

    "It looks like this entire region of space has been warped by some kind of gravitational force," Chris replied as he continued his search. 

    "Do you think the Metarex are responsible for this?" asked Cream. 

    "Probably are," said Chris. "If the warping continues at this rate, it'll soon spread across the whole galaxy and beyond."

    "Yet another reason why they must be stopped," Creecha added, looking up from her bible. 

    Everyone agreed. Amy was cross. "First the Metarex go around stealing Planet Eggs," she complained, "and now they're bending all of outer space out of shape. Those creeps!"

    "Look," said Cream, "the sensors spotted something!"

    But Amy didn't listen at first until she looked up. "Those Metarex have to be stopped once and for all. Uh… Huh?"

    On the radar, there was some sort of object approaching the ship. "I think we found a Chaos Emerald," she said. "Hey, Tails!"

    "I see it!" said the little fox. "Ready to intercept!"