Chapter 6: The Girls' Jungle Trap/ Desperately Seeking Sonic

It'd been sometime ever since the gang first encountered the Metarex. Ever since Mobius had first been attacked not too long ago, Sonic and his friends had been caught up in a war against them. Teaming up with a surviving girl named Cosmo, they journeyed from planet to planet in Tails's new spaceship, the Blue Typhoon, battling Metarex and helping other planets get their life sources, the Planet Eggs, back. This upcoming occasion was no different…
………………………………………………………………………
    The Blue Typhoon was now flying over what looked like a jungle planet. Everyone else in the ship was busy with their own thing. 

    Cosmo was getting some sleep in her room. 

    Twilight and Sunset were doing some maintenance work in the engine room while Knuckles was keeping an eye on the Master Emerald, with Spike near the toolbox to bring them anything he was asked to bring. 

    Rainbow and AJ were in the training room brushing up on their fighting styles.

    Amy and Tails were on the bridge keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. 

    Chris and Cream were cooking in the kitchen with Dorothy. 

    Shanti and the cats were taking a nap, with Jerry curled up next to Tom's paw. 

    Grace was in her room reading her fairytale book. 

    Robyn was outside the ship with Fluttershy and Trixie checking on some stuff. 

     Starlight was checking on medical supplies.

    Topsy was checking Buzz-saw's… well, buzzsaw to see if it needed any fixing. 

    Wallflower was practicing her powers in her room. 

    Bob, Larry, and Junior were having a little Bible class, with Larry making funny comments here and there and Bob just being annoyed at him, but at the same time couldn't resist from laughing. 

    Creecha was nearby on her phone, letting everyone else back home know how things were coming along. 

    Matt and Shari were having a bit of a flying race outside. 

    And Sonic was in the corridors getting some exercise.

    All in all, everything seemed peaceful– until an alarm suddenly went off. Everyone heard it and ran to the bridge to see what was going on. 
………………………………………………………………………
    "Tails, what's happening?" asked Creecha.

    "Our scanners picked up 2 objects approaching," Tails answered as Cream and Cosmo finally arrived. "Dead ahead and closing fast!"

    A 2D radar popped up. "I see 'em!" said Amy. 

    Sure enough, there were 2 blips on the radar. They were Metarex Kingape and Metarex Carrer. The former was carrying something that belonged to the planet. Cosmo recognized what it was. "It looks like they just stole that Planet Egg," she said. 

    "Well, we can't let those 2 Metarex get away," said Tails. "We're gonna fight 'em to save that Planet Egg!"

    "Roger!" said everyone in usion. 

    Suddenly, the ship shook, Metarex Carrer having started to grapple it with its claws. "We've been caught!" said Robyn. 

    "Fire the laser cannons!" Tails ordered. 

    The dual laser cannons were prepared and fired. However, they didn't do any damage to Carrer's chest. "It bounced right off!" Cream exclaimed, surprised.