Chapter 22: The Lost Planet/ Eye Spy

At the revelation that Cosmo was a Metarex spy, an intensely bright glow surrounded both ships before vanishing, taking the Blue Typhoon to a strange planet; one where they've never been to before…
………………………………………………………………………
    Meanwhile, Chris woke up in the medbay alone. Up on the bridge, Grace was holding an unconscious Cosmo. Everyone else was there too. Chris joined them as well. "You okay, Chris?" asked Grace, looking up at him. 

    "I'm alright," said Chris in reply. "But the real question is: where are we?"

    He saw that they were in the atmosphere of a dead planet. 
………………………………………………………………………
    Meanwhile, Rouge and Shadow were there too. Currently, Rouge's spaceship was stuck fast. "Come on! Start!" she grumbled, pounding on the console to no avail. "Ugh, guess we're stuck here."

    Her ship had been trapped in some of the brambles of the planet. Shadow, who had freed himself from Grace's vine, was standing atop one of them, looking up at the Blue Typhoon in the distance while rubbing his wrists; Grace had tied them up pretty good. "Haven't you given up yet?" asked Rouge, taking notice. 

    "I don't give up that easily," said Shadow. "She hasn't seen the last of me."

    "Where are we, anyway?" asked Rouge, looking around. 
………………………………………………………………………
    When Tails woke up, he found himself in his room. Next to his bed was a note that said:

Something's wrong with Cosmo. You should check up on her. Something about Dark Oak calling her a spy. She's currently in the medbay. 

–Grace

    Worried for Cosmo, Tails got out of bed and headed to the medbay. Upon arrival, he saw Cosmo laying unmoving in a confined space in bed. Immediately, he got to work. As he watched a laser pass over her, Chris, Sunset, and Knuckles arrived. "Hey Tails," said Chris after a while of silence, "don't you think you wanna get some sleep? You might still be worn out after what happened earlier."

    "I don't have time to sleep," said Tails. "Grace left me a note telling me that something's wrong with Cosmo, and I'm not gonna rest until I find out the truth about her."
………………………………………………………………………
    Meanwhile, Sonic was walking out on the runway. "Sonic!" Amy called after him. "Where do you think you're going? You need your rest!"

    "Don't worry, Amy," said Sonic. "I'm okay."

    With that, he leapt off the Typhoon. "Hey!..." Amy called to no avail. "I've got to follow him!"

    "We're coming with you!" Pinkie called as she, Rarity, and the Veggie boys hurried with her. 

    Nodding in reply, Amy ran inside and climbed into her spaceship, only to see a certain bat inside. "Hiya," she said. 

    "Oh no! Not you again!" Amy groaned. 

    Rouge just beamed. 
………………………………………………………………………
    Meanwhile, back at the medbay, Tails was still looking. "There's no communication device anywhere," he said. "I told you so!"

    But then, Chris spotted something. "Hang on a minute…" he said. 

    Upon first glance, Tails' eyes shimmered with fear; enlarging the X-ray, Chris had noticed an electrical signal in Cosmo's brain. "Huh?!" the fox exclaimed. 

    "You got something?" asked Knuckles. 

    "Yeah," said Chris. "There's some kind of invisible signal emanating from Cosmo's brain. It's so microscopic, normal radar wouldn't pick up on it."