A Glimpse On What's Next

Yesung sits on the kitchen counter staring into space. Today is the day Jinnie will be facing the council of angels and accept her fate. He should be there, but he couldn't will himself to watch. He couldn't bear to see Jinnie being condemned and sent to the depths of hell. He would trade places with her if he could, but since it's not possible then he decided he'd rather not be there.

Then it sinks in. There's nothing left for him here now. Everytime he looks around all he can think of is Jinnie. As long as he stays here the painful memory of losing her will be unbearable.

"I should leave." He tells himself.

"Yeshiel."

Yesung flinched on his seat when he heard the voice. He turns around and went surprised when he saw his unexpected visitor.

"Raziel."

The archangel smiled at him and bowed his head. Yesung stood from his seat and knelt down.

"Stand up, Yeshiel." Raziel orders him and so he did.

"What can I do for you, Raziel?" Yesung asks with his head still bent down. Then it hit him. Raziel seldom sets foot here on earth being the archangel who's always at God's side. And it puzzled him. Still, he waits for whatever it is the archangel would tell him.

"It has come to our knowledge that you fornicated with a human, Yeshiel."

Hearing that made him look at Raziel in an instant. Fear consumed him as his eyes met the archangel's stare.

"I-I know, Raziel. I-It was an accide--"

"What's done is done, Yeshiel." Raziel cut him off. Though, even with the revelation, there's not a hint of anger and dismay in the archangel's voice. "I have direct orders from God himself. He wants you to find that mortal and protect her at all cost."

Yesung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Protect her?" He asks. "Why?"

Raziel looks at him sternly for awhile before he answers. "Because that woman you slept with is now carrying a baby."

The color drained from Yesung's face and he felt like he was punched in the gut. "S-She's carrying a baby?" He shakes his head. "No.."

"I see you're not taking it very well, Yeshiel.."

Yesung sits back on the kitchen counter for support. He should've seen it coming. It was possible. But he just couldn't accept it. "Why should I protect her?" He asks Raziel.

Raziel drew in a deep breath. "That child of yours is no ordinary nephilim, Yeshiel."

"I-I don't understand.."

"A long time ago a woman was raped by a daemon and conceived a female child. That child, was her mother." Raziel tells him. "The woman carrying your child has daemon blood running through her veins."

Yesung's eyes widened with what he had heard. That child is no ordinary nephilim indeed. And that child, is his.

"Find her, Yeshiel. And protect her at all costs. Your child's existence could either be the salvation of the angel and the human race, or it could be the cause for the destruction of both."

A/N:

What can you say about it hmm? I need your opinons ho ho!

Thanks again! And while the next book is not out yet, you can check my other works in my account. Feel free to read 'em and I hope you enjoy them. ;)

--Katie
@isis_ixtab