12. LAYA KAHAAN MUJHKO YEH MOH TERA 💖

While Raghav drove the car through the empty midnight streets, Vardhaan sat on the backseat with a sobbing Nitya gathered up in his arms.

Nitya sobbed continuously on his chest with her hands gripping the neckline of his t shirt and he continued rubbing her back gently, whispering sweet nothings in her ears, caressing her hair and dropping kisses on the side of her head time and again.

"Shh..rona band kariye, kuchh nahi hua hain", Vardhaan said softly, kissing the side of her head.
(Shh..stop crying, everything is alright)

"Yuvraj, I am sorry, I know mujhe nahi jaana chahiye tha, par pataa nahi kaise, mumma ki awaaz itne saal baad suni, 6 saal mein pehli baar unhone itne pyaar se bulaaya, bhale hi woh dikhaave aur apne matlab ka tha, but I couldn't stop myself from going there", she sobbed more.
(I know I shouldn't have gone,but I don't know how, I heard mumma's voice after years, for the first time in 6 years she addressed me with affection, though it was just for show and for their own means)

He gently cupped her face and wiped off her tears, "It's not your fault Nitya, and everything is fine now. No one will harm you in any possible way". He said the last part gritting his teeth.

Raghav adjusted the mirror to her face and looking through it said, "Stop crying Nitya, hum yahi hain na. Sab theek hain".
(We are here right? Everything is fine)

She nodded slightly and hid her face in the crook of Vardhaan's neck. She didn't know when she fell asleep like that.

People could think wasn't it weird for her to just cling on to Vardhaan all the time, but to her, he was the first person she could call hers. He was the only one who could break her inner walls, he was the one who gave her a secure and happy world in a world full of evils and pain. Its not that he gave her a delusional or perfectly happy world, but he was the one by her side while she was fighting the world. He was the one behind her back, steadying her to fight again whenever she lost her balance. They didn't need to confess their feelings verbally. They knew it was there, something that need not to be expressed in words. A sentiment, a new and better feeling, a pure emotion, that was beyond words. An emotion that didn't need to be confessed but the two hearts tied into that knew the feelings they shared.

When the car stopped in front of the Suryavanshi palace, Vardhaan decided to pick her up without disturbing her sleep. But she woke up as soon as she felt him moving.

They entered the palace and straightaway to the wing where the youngsters lived. Meera saw them from the kitchen, where she had come to fill a jug of water for her room.

She walked up to the trio hurriedly. "Bhai, is everything alright? Nitya di, at this time?? What happened?? Is everything fine??"

"Everything is fine Meera. Nitya will stay with you tonight. Let's go to your room first", Vardhaan ushered them.

Vardhaan and Meera entered her room followed by Raghav and Nitya.

"Now tell me what happened", Meera whispered to Vardhaan as they crossed the threshold. He signaled her to wait and stood in a corner as Raghav made Nitya sit on the edge of the bed.

He knelt in front of her and caressed her hair. That was all it took for Nitya to burst into tears again.

"Bhai I swear, I didn't know. Mujhe nahi pataa tha aisa kuchh ho jaayega, warna main kabhi waha nahi jaati, bhai I am sorry, mujhe aapke saath jaana chahiye tha", she sobbed.
(I didn't have any idea that something like this would happen, otherwise I would never have gone there, bhai I am sorry, I should have gone with you)

Raghav wiped off her tears and pecked her forehead. "I know Nitya, I know you better than you know yourself, Abb bilkul nahi rona hain, warna abhi main Maheshwari Mansion jaaunga apni gun ke saath aur saari goliyaan Aarambh Maheshwari ke maathe pe hogi. How dare that fucker make my sister cry", He growled angrily seeing Nitya's condition.
(You will not cry anymore now, otherwise I'll go to Maheshwari Mansion right away with my gun and empty all the bullets in Aarambh Maheshwari's head)