19. RANG LAGEYA ISHQ DA💖

"Kaki sa, you could have called me. Why did you come here?", Nitya questioned opening the door of her room to see Aditi in a hurry.

"You are the bride, beta. You should be enjoying the wedding right now. Kaam karne ke liye toh sab hain yaha. Abb tera toh sirf ek hi kaam hain ki achhe se ready ho jaa, 11 baje haldi hain teri. Main Kritika aur Akriti ko bhejti hu, teri madad kar denge taiyyar hone mein", Aditi said cupping her face.
(We have got a lot of people to get all the work done. You only have one thing to do and that is get ready for your Haldi at 11. I am sending Kritika and Akriti to help you get ready.)

"Kaki sa don't worry, I'll be ready on time. And don't exert yourself, I don't want you to be tired with all the work and running", Nitya smiled.

"Ayyy young lady, are you calling me old? That I'll get tired with just supervising the work?", Aditi teased her.

"No no, how can I Kaki sa, afterall the whole palace knows how Kaka sa looks at you, like you are his whole world", Nitya grinned as Aditi turned red.

"Yes ofcourse, the same way as the whole Jaisalmer knows how Vardhaan looks at you, like he wants you to hide you from the whole world and protect you from every bit and everything", Aditi countered composing herself, now it was Nitya's turn to let heat crawl up her cheeks.

Aditi smirked and said, "Main bhi Kaki sa hu teri, samajh aayi? I scored a blush for a blush", she winked and was about to leave the room, but stopped and turned around.

Holding the rim of the wooden door, peeping in she said, "Call aa rahi hain, use bataa dena jaldi taiyyar ho jaaye, uski haldi ke baad hi teri haldi ho paayegi, aur Haan, haldi ke baad tum dono ek dusre se mil nahi sakte", Aditi left a flabbergasted Nitya to herself.

The ringing of her phone broke her trance and she picked the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello Babydoll, abb tumne toh mujhe bulaaya nahi, par apni babydoll ko doll ki tarah saja-dhaja dekhne ka mauka main kaise chhod du? That won't be nice of me right? Koi baat nahi, tumne naa bhi bulaaya toh hum chale aaye", the gruff, unknown voice cut the call with a vicious chuckle.
(Now now, you didn't invite me, but how can I miss the opportunity of seeing my babydoll decked up like a doll? No worries, I would come even if you don't ask me to.)

She stared at her phone screen with scrunched eyebrows, thinking who could it possibly be. Because, it was definitely not Vardhaan, and whoever he was, sounded too creepy for her to have known earlier.

She sat down on the bed and rubbed her face, closing her eyes. After a couple of minutes thinking, she decided to ring up Vardhaan and inform him about the sudden creepy call.

Her call was picked in three rings and greeted her in a soft, loving tone, taking away all her stress and worries.

Though Nitya tried to be as calm as possible, it just took him a couple of seconds to sense the confusion underlying her voice.

"Bachha, relax. Sit down, take a deep breath and tell me what happened. Hmm?", he questioned in a soothing tone trying to calm her.

She did as told and started, "Vardhaan, abhi Kaki sa ke mere room se jaane ke baad, I got a call from an unknown number. Mera matlab, mujhe laga aapki call hogi toh maine bina caller ID dekhe hi recieve kar li", she started and he hummed for her to continue.
(Vardhaan, just now as Kaki sa left my room, I got a call from an unknown number. I mean, I thought it must be you so I recieved it without checking the caller ID).

"Vardhaan that voice sounded so creepy, like the way he called me, it was so uncomfortable......",Nitya narrated the whole conversation to him.

He stood silently in his balcony, the bluetooth attached to his right ear, crossing his arms over his chest.