13. TERI KASTURI RAIN JAGAAYE 💖

They stayed in each other's embrace for sometime. Hearing Nitya whispering the words he wanted to hear from so long, Vardhaan felt his breath knocked out of him. His heart thumped loud against his chest.

He turned her to the side making himself to face him.

"What did you just say?", he asked with an expectant look.

She looked at him with new, overwhelming emotions. Though, their hearts knew that these emotions were not sudden, they have always been there, but now when they confessed what's in their hearts, everything felt new all over again.

"I love you. Main pyaar karti hu aapse Vardhaan. Pyaar karne ka ehsaas hone se pehle se pyaar karti hu aapse. Shaayad aap aaj nahi bolte toh main bhi kabhi nahi bol paati. Shaayad mere pyaar mein itni taaqat nahi hain, ki apni feelings kabhi khud aapko keh paati. But I swear,jo bhi hain, jitna bhi hain sirf aapke liye hain. Jabse hain sirf aapke liye hain. Aur jab tak rahega, sirf aapke liye rahega", saying this she hugged him again, hiding her face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his strong yet warm and comforting scent.
(I love you. I really do love you Vardhaan. Even before I knew about the feeling, I fell in love with you. If you hadn't confessed today, maybe I would never have been able to say it. Maybe my love is not strong enough for confessing my feelings first. But I swear, whatever it is, however it is, it's only for you. It has been for you since the moment I felt this first. And it will always and forever be yours)

His name from her felt like it was the first time someone addressed him with his name. He kissed the side of her head in contentment. Everything felt new and better all over again now, as he had his love in his arms, close to his heart, able to hear herself in every beat. He closed his eyes as this new yet forever feeling settled in.

As the clock stuck 12, he whispered in her ears with a playful smile, "Happy Birthday, Yuvrani sa".

She looked at him astonished by the way he addressed her.

"What?? Don't look at me like this. Yaha ke Yuvraj hain hum. Toh humaari hone wali biwi Yuvrani hi hui na. Humne socha, isse pehle ki koi aur aapko iss naam se bulaaya, ispe pehla haq toh humaara banta hain", he winked.
(I am the Yuvraj here. So ofcourse my would be wife is the Yuvrani. I thought, before anyone addresses you with this name, I have the first and foremost right to do so)

She blushed and shook her head slightly. Both of them stood up and he kissed her forehead with all the new, old and forever emotions.

After that, Vardhaan left for his room, leaving Nitya to attend the calls of her friends. Few minutes after talking to them, she was about to sleep when her phone rang and she saw her sister Trisha calling her. With a smile and glossy eyes,she picked the call.

"Happy Birthday di", Trisha chirped from the other side and Maisha joined in.

Nitya smiled and said, "Thank you so much bachhas".

"Naina, beheno se baat ki toh bhabhi ko bhool gayi? Hey bhagwaan kaisi zulmi nanadein de di mujhe, woh bhi teen-teen.", Kritika dramatically gasped from behind.
(Naina, now that you talked to your sisters, you forgot your bhabhi? Oh dear lord, how could you give me such villainous sisters-in-law, that too three of them)

"Aisa nahi hain bhabhi, aap toh jaanti hain, bhabhi se badhkar,aap behen hain meri. Jitna bharosa aur pyaar aapne kiya, utna toh kabhi mere sage bhai ne mujhpe bharosa nahi kiya", Nitya shook her head with a small sad smile.
(It's not so bhabhi, you know right, more than a bhabhi, you are a sister for me. The amount of love and trust you have for me, even my own brother could not give me that.)