24. DIL CHAAHE JITNA PYAAR UTNA MAANG LO💖

The next morning, the Suryavanshis were sitting for breakfast. Soon the phone rang, gaining their attention. As it was a rule in the palace that meals won't be interrupted until very urgent, a househelp picked the call.

"Hume Jamai sa se baat karni hain", an authoritative and firm voice boomed through the phone.

The househelp understood it might be from Maheshwari mansion but wasn't sure if the royal family would like to take the call right now. They seemed happy and she didn't want to disturb them.

"Woh..w..woh sabhi iss waqt breakfast kar rahe hain", she answered hesitantly.

The caller took a deep, frustrated sigh and said, "Theek hain, unse kahiyega Ashlesha Maheshwari ne call kiya tha. Hum baat karna chahte hain unse, jald se jald hume call kare", saying this, she cut the call.

"Toh beta, honeymoon pe kaha jaa rahe ho tum log?", Ragini asked making Vardhaan gulp and Nitya choke on air.

Vardhaan swiftly moved towards her and with one hand, made her sip water from the glass, while rubbing her back with the other hand.

"Jaana, theek hain aap?", he asked once she was good, making her nod.

After they both relaxed, Abhay raised an eyebrow to ask the same question to his eldest son silently.

He nods and announces, "Ragini, let the kids decide. They can go whenever they want".

They all have their breakfast with occasional chatters and laughs.

"Maa sa, hum office ke liye nikal rahe hain", Vardhaan informed Ragini, earning a half-hearted nod.

She didn't want him to join work so soon, but ofcourse, Vardhaan 'Workaholic' Singh Suryavanshi is here. He greets everyone and reaches the door, and turns back realising something.

He swiftly walks towards Nitya and places a kiss on her forehead. "I am so sorry Jaana, hume aise achaanak jaana pad raha hain. But it's really important. I'll try to come back early, and just a call away okay? Kuchh bhi ho hume call kar dijiyega".

She nods looking at him and then looks down realising everyone was watching them.

Ragini giggles side-hugging her daughter-in-law, "Arre waah, thankyou beta. Teri wajah se yeh janaab office se jaldi ghar aane ki baat karne lage".

A red hue spreads over her cheeks as she is taken into a quick, warm embrace by her mother-in-law, who was now the true embodiment of motherly love and affection for her.

Everyone smiled at the duo when suddenly Aditi speaks up, "Bhabhi sa, I feel left out". "Me too", The girls also start complaining, and soon it was a huge family hug, with only the four Suryavanshi brothers absent.

"Humne kya gunaah kiya hain bhai?"

"Haan, humaari betiyo ko gher ke khade ho gaye aur hume bulaaya bhi nhi".

They look up to find the two older Suryavanshi men complaining like kids and signal them to join, which they do gleefully.
'Thankyou so much Vardhaan, mujhe itni pyaari family dene ke liye', she whispered in her heart.

Their joyous moment was interrupted by ringing of the antique designed telephone. Abhay, being near to the table, decided to pick the call.

He was greeted by Ashlesha Maheshwari from the other side, which made the distaste quiet visible on his face.

Khamma Ghani Maharaj. Hum Ashlesha bol rahe hain Maheshwari mansion se. Aap toh jaante hi hain bachho ki shaadi kaise jaldi mein, aanan-faanan mein nipti hain. Hum chaahte the ki baaki jo kuchh rasmein hain, achhe se ho jaaye. Aap agar Nitya ko ghar bhej dete, uska bhai lene bhi aa jaayega. Rasam poori ho jaati aur hum bachhi se mil bhi lete", Ashlesha tried all possible ways to sound genuine, but failed miserably because however manipulative her words could be, her actions gave way for her intentions.