The Black heir

TW- mentions of abuse, violence
AN- sorry..

When Regulus arrived, he got there with the night bus. Most people hated it but he loved it. Maybe because it could take you anywhere, somewhere safe and far away. But this time it was different.

He ran right in, went into the dining room only to find Sirius sat at the table with his parents.

His parents showed no emotion like always but not Sirius.
His hair was short and unkept, his clothes overly formal and he didn't wear any of his usual makeup.
His face was the worst though, his eyes all wide making him look terrified. His mouth in a straight tight line. His shoulders scarily straight. This wasn't his Sirius. His Astral. This was a prisoner.

"Regulus no.." his voice was quiet as if he'd been yelling a lot or not have spoken at all, Regulus couldn't guess.

His parents glanced at each other.
"Look whose home."

"Mother. Father. I want to take his place." He stood up straight and tried to be confident but he was terrified.

"We always knew you'd make the right decision. Proper arrangements will be made later. A celebration is in order, don't you think?" Walburga said with the smallest of smiles. Her tone was still cold and looking at her for too long caused an explainable fear to course through him.

She stood up and walked past him,"welcome back." She said with her hand placed on his shoulder. Her husband followed without a word.

Once they left he ran to Sirius.
But he stood up quickly at the same time.

"You have to leave. Reggie please."

He sounded utterly broken.

"I'm not leaving you here."

Sirius didn't say anything else. He rushed to his room probably to keep anyone from seeing his tears. This was his fault. If had made it clearer to Regulus how dangerous it was, if he spent more time with him, maybe he'd stay away. He knew he was a bad brother but he wanted to do better.

Regulus started to walk around his home. His dad was in his study, his mum writing letters and his brother locked in his room. Just like how it was when he was growing up.

But he never realised how dark the halls felt. He sat in his own room wondering why the walls felt so bare. Was it always like this?

Time went by slowly, but eventually it was dinner time. Nobody told him but he could smell food and headed down. His dad was still in his study and it was silent at the table.

"So where did you run away to son?" Walburga finally spoke after some house elves took away the empty dishes.

He looked down, not wanting to put anyone in danger.

"It wasn't your little boyfriends place was it?"

Sirius looked up, suddenly terrified. Regulus looked at him trying to figure out if he told her.

"It's okay Regulus, you're home now. Though I must say, a Potter? What ever made you stoop so low?"
She released a small chuckle, as if she was amused.

"He was..I didn't-"

"Enough now. Your father will join us in a minute to go over some plans."

"No!"

Walburga didn't even look in her eldest sons direction, she just waved her hand at him to dismiss him.

"He's 15. Let him live! Please mother please."

"Crucio." She said still not looking at him.

He was withering in pain, crying and he didn't dare look up.